Live apps betas and help

eldano

Live apps betas and help

Postby eldano » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 am

I’m happy to see some Amahi apps beginning to come live (out of beta), it was/is quite the wait. For me 'Transmission' and 'Web app proxy' are nice apps that have gone live. I use those a lot. Thanks.

Now I’m wondering how the development of two other programs are going; Sabnzbd and Sick beard. To see those apps live will make me, and a lot of other too I think ;-), the happiest Amahi users.

Any info will be appreciated and an ETA will be great.
I would also love to help development and are willing to testing these programs before they go live.

Thanks again,
Cheers

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Live apps betas and help

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:48 am

It is difficult to say when certain apps will be live. If you are interested in using BETA apps, you could subscribe to one of the Amahi plans. Some of them allow access to BETA apps.

As for SABnzbd, we have a new version in testing that appears to be working well. I anticipate it will be released in the next few weeks. SickBeard is the next on the list to be worked. Once we have it tweaked and tested, it will be scheduled for release.

In the mean time, you could always manually install these apps yourself. It can be a lot of fun and a good way to learn Linux. Check out the wiki for help. There are some apps that folks have provided info on how to install manually.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

eldano

Postby eldano » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 am

Good to hear that Sabnzdb app is on track to be released in de coming weeks. I hope that SickBeard will soon follow. Thank you for that information.

I would be interested in installing programs myself, but do prefir the one click install of course.
I am a bit affraid that I'll ruin my amahi install by doing something that interferes with the server or the future one click install or losing my stored data..

Cheers

inquam

Postby inquam » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 am

I have been running Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and Couchpotato for about six months now and it's been working great. I manually keep them up to date. For Sickbeard and Couchpotato it's quite easy since update support is part of the application. Sabnzbd requires a bit more manual work, but nothing to hard.
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

eldano

Postby eldano » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:09 am

Hi Inquam,

Yeah, maybe I will have to try that too, as almost all 'one click installs' are taking a long long time to get out of beta.

Maybe Bigfoot65 can give another update of the progress of Sabnzbd?

Cheers.

inquam

Postby inquam » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:02 am

Hi Inquam,

Yeah, maybe I will have to try that too, as almost all 'one click installs' are taking a long long time to get out of beta.

Maybe Bigfoot65 can give another update of the progress of Sabnzbd?

Cheers.
The testing procedure has been reworked and as such some applications has been in a limbo state while that work was being done. But as I have understood it that work is closing completion and then there will be a more streamlined procedure for the life cycle of new apps.
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

eldano

Postby eldano » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 am

Thanks for your info Inquam,

Hope to get some more info or an update about this from Amahi soon.. Last news was in june i think and Amahi 6 was live from march.. 6 months ago.

Cheers