Apps.. Apps.. and Apps.. Suggestions please...

rednus

Apps.. Apps.. and Apps.. Suggestions please...

Postby rednus » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 am

Hi All,

After few painful long nights of fight with ATI drivers... I have finally got myself an nvidia card and I just got my First Amahi install up and running spot on..

bit of background.. my amahi server is has 1ssd where os is installed and 4hdd's on grayhole. Installed xbmc to use it as htpc aswell.. so now.. its time for apps..

I need apps for the following:
1. uPNP shares - which app is best out of Amahi-DLNA, uShare and MediaTomb? I know none of them can do iso files but thats life...
2. I need some nice wiki pages.. as I keep forgetting lot of things.. saw few apps on the apps list.. but need suggestions..
3. I need a webserver for blogging and galleries.. so I am not sure whether to install wordpress(i have used this before) or go for drupal(never used this one)
4. A webbased music player.. just in case.. not that i will use it a lot...
5. A webbased file manager to access files from outside...

Thanks in advance..
rednus

livesonwater2632

Re: Apps.. Apps.. and Apps.. Suggestions please...

Postby livesonwater2632 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 am

1. I tried uShare but didn't like that it didn't auto-update folders. I am using DLNA and haven't had any problems streaming to an Xbox
4. I use Ampache everyday to stream music from my server to my phone. It also has a usable web-based player, but I rarely use that.
5. Install Webmin. It has a built in file manager that gives you full access to your entire server. You can also configure just about any setting you need from it. I hardly SSH in to my server and just use webmin to issue commands and edit config files.