Beta Apps......

eldano

Beta Apps......

Postby eldano » Wed May 25, 2011 2:41 am

I like the Amahi idea and software, really I do, but..

I'm a non cloud user of Amahi and, I would like to use some basic and simple programs for my home server, but I'm not able because they are blocked for non cloud users; 'beta'. I have been without these simple programs for 3 months. Much too long imo. Who knows.., and it wil take a half year or maybe a whole one, or more, that these programs come out of beta.

I getting the feeling like the Amahi teams is not taking the basic Amahi users seriously.
I'm almost starting to think that the evil Micro$oft home server software might be a beter option for me. Please amahi developers, get these dirty thoughts out of my mind. Does no one like to have my small app $ payments?

Any thoughts? or info from you guys?

cpg
Administrator

Re: Beta Apps......

Postby cpg » Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 pm

We kind of went over this in our recent announcement ... the team is small and a broken app is a big big no-no.

we need to test the hell out of the apps.

we're working on finding ways to make it faster.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

eldano

Re: Beta Apps......

Postby eldano » Thu May 26, 2011 12:44 am

Hi cpg

Thank you for your reply.

I think you are referring to:
First, an update on the transition from our former App Gallery to the Amahi App Store. With all the feedback we got, we expect to more formally announce the App Store and it’s details soon. In the mean time, we started testing by adding a small one-click convenience fee to some of the more popular apps that the community feels would be worthwhile, generating revenue for the project. This is so far working well and we are getting both positive feedback and feedback on how to improve/tweak things.
Communication and sharing information is the key here. I can tell you that it is frustrating if you have a 'non-working' HDA and you don't know how long it is going to take and if people are even working on it. I could make a workaround myself, but I don't have the time, I mean that’s the reason why I use Amahi and it's app store.

OK there was feedback and there will be some more information 'soon'. Will that also be about basic users not being able to install any apps?

Again, I like the product, and I know you can not wave a magic solution wand, but communication is the key here. And letting you basic users, which are Amahi's ambassadors and the future cloud users, sit in the dark without any options is also not an option. There needs to me some love for the basic users soon imo.

I hope that my feedback also helps a bit in keeping your Amahi users happy.