One-click install not doing anything!

TheOneTrueAnt

One-click install not doing anything!

Postby TheOneTrueAnt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi there,

I just did a fresh install of Amahi and it's looking great. I've installed the Ajazplorer app and the two RPM Fusion apps and they seem to be fine (well ajazplorer is working, not sure about the fusion repos!).

The problem is when I try to install SABnzbd (and Transmission) that the app folder seem to be created unter /var/hda/web-apps unfortunately the html folder (/var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbd/html) is completely empty! I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but to no avail...

Any ideas gratefully received!

cpg
Administrator

Re: One-click install not doing anything!

Postby cpg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm

could you try installing these updates we're about to release?

http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=268

some app installs have issues - for starters there was no feedback (the feedback had to be carefully pulled
out of a DB transaction).
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

TheOneTrueAnt

Postby TheOneTrueAnt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:19 am

Hi,

I'll give it a try tonight and get back to you with my results! Thanks very much!
:D

TheOneTrueAnt

Postby TheOneTrueAnt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 am

Hi again,

right, followed the instructions and i'd call it a partial success! sabnzb appears to have installed fine (it's downloading happily as we speak :) ) but Transmission still installs with an empty html folder.

(ajaxplorer, webNVC and UShare are all installed and working also!)

Now, are there any logs etc. I can post that could help out? Also would it be better for me to start a new thread elsewhere?

thanks again for your help so far!

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Right, followed the instructions and i'd call it a partial success! sabnzb appears to have installed fine (it's downloading happily as we speak :) ) but Transmission still installs with an empty html folder.

(ajaxplorer, webNVC and UShare are all installed and working also!)

Now, are there any logs etc. I can post that could help out? Also would it be better for me to start a new thread elsewhere?

thanks again for your help so far!
great to hear.

transmission installs to an empty html folder actually. does it work, though?

let's assume it does not:

try this:

Code: Select all

service amahi-transmission restart
after that,
try looking for the server with ps guax | grep transmission:

[13:23:05](1)florence:~$ ps guax | grep transmission cpg 18549 0.0 0.0 83708 832 pts/5 R+ 13:23 0:00 grep -i --color transmission root 31215 0.0 0.0 87608 2440 ? Ssl Mar31 0:17 /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -w /var/hda/files/torrents [13:23:07](1)florence:~$
the server is transmission-daemon.

note: we recently found that one user in the IRC channel had issues with an old version being installed from the original fedora upstream sources or something. updating helped:

yum -y update transmission
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

TheOneTrueAnt

Postby TheOneTrueAnt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:57 pm

That got it :D

I reinstalled but going to transmission resulted in an Error 503...

Then restarted the service but got this:

[root@localhost ~]# service amahi-transmission restart Shutting down Transmission daemon: [ OK ] Starting Transmission daemon... /usr/bin/transmission-daemon: invalid option -- 'w' usage: transmission-daemon [-dfh] [-p file] [-s file] Transmission 1.06 (5136) http://www.transmissionbt.com/ A fast and easy BitTorrent client -d --debug Print data send and received, implies -f -f --foreground Run in the foreground and log to stderr -h --help Display this message and exit -p --pidfile <path> Save the process id in a file at <path> -s --socket <path> Place the socket file at <path> To add torrents or set options, use the transmission-remote program. [ OK ]
Actually not so "OK" and sure enough no process:

[root@localhost ~]# ps guax | grep transmission root 5094 0.0 0.0 4120 696 pts/1 R+ 21:48 0:00 grep transmission
After running the update as you suggested I restarted the service again and voila everything looks good :)

Just as an aside should I be running the fedora updates on my amahi box or should I just ignore them in general?

Thanks... I'm seriously loving my Amahi box, a lot nicer than my old ubuntu rig.

-Ant

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:08 pm

yeah, the old version does not take -w.

would you be so kind as to filing a bug in http://bugs.amahi.org
indicating that the dependency for amahi-transmission needs to be raised so that the
new version is picked up?

thanks!

TheOneTrueAnt

Postby TheOneTrueAnt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:20 pm

will do!

djaru

Postby djaru » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 am

Hi, I am having the same issue with sabnzbd and transmission, first only sabnzbd worked, after updating fedora, now only transmission works, both have error 503 when they do not work, sabnzbd conf folder is empty now.

thanks.
C

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm also having an issue with Whamahi Slick not doing anythin :lol:
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD