burn dvd's on the server

wilbert61b

burn dvd's on the server

Postby wilbert61b » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking for a webapp that allows me to burn a dvd on my server, instead of downloading the file to my laptop and burn it there. Ofcause I want to manage it trough a web interface.

Something like a webinterface for growisofs

Sorry for my crummy English!
==================================
Server : Homemade
MB : Gigabyte GA-D510UD mini ITX, Ram : 2 Gb DDR2
HDD : three 1Gb sata drives and one 40 Gb ide (for OS)
Most used apps: Sabnzbd, bookmarks-online, webmin, Ampache
Extra : Epiware (self installed)

repat

Re: burn dvd's on the server

Postby repat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

I don't know of any app that will do that at this time. I have had pretty good luck burning CD/DVD's over the network. I download to the HDA, then just point my burning program, such as Nero on my client PC, to the iso file on the HDA. You would need to make sure your client PC is logged into the HDA, and has access to the share. Some things that may affect the performance are, Network speed (I have gigabit) and network traffic.

Hope that helps,

Pat

wilbert61b

Re: burn dvd's on the server

Postby wilbert61b » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry i didn't answer earlier. Just missed you're reaction. I first used you're solution but mijn laptop connection is to slow. When I want to burn a movie I have to download it from my server to my Laptop (wireless) and that takes a long time. So I figured why not burn it on the server..... No download needed.

It took some time and some studying but I found a solution: webCDwriter (http://joerghaeger.de/webCDwriter/). It didn't work out of the box because it works with cdrtools and fedora replaced that by cdrkit. Installing cdrtools from source and copying some files to other locations did the trick and I have the freeware version runing. Sadly it only burns CD's. If I want to burn DVD's I have to purchase the Pro version.

Again sorry for my late reaction.
==================================
Server : Homemade
MB : Gigabyte GA-D510UD mini ITX, Ram : 2 Gb DDR2
HDD : three 1Gb sata drives and one 40 Gb ide (for OS)
Most used apps: Sabnzbd, bookmarks-online, webmin, Ampache
Extra : Epiware (self installed)