Username and password of Horde

annodevries

Username and password of Horde

Postby annodevries » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:13 pm

I just installed Horde. When I open the app. it asks for a password and a username. Both should be "admin". But the program says: wrong username and/or password. I installed it ones more, but i got the same problem. What can it be? Please help.
Anno

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Username and password of Horde

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Ok, there may be a connectivity issue with the app. Recommend you uninstall it and reboot the HDA. Ensure you clear your browser cache, then do as root user: rm -rf /tmp/amahi-download-cache/*. Once finished, try reinstalling. Make sure you wait a few seconds to give the script time to finish before you try to access the app.

Another user had a prob and this seemed to help. Let us know how it goes.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:28 am

Hallo Bigfoot65, Thank you for your help. I have done the things you suggested, but it makes no difference: username and password admin does not work. May be the following is important: when I try to start Horde a username and a password are already completed. I changed both in "admin".
Anno

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:11 am

Hello,

I am not sure I understand what you mean about the user name and password being already completed. Horde has quite a large database load routine, so when you install it you have to wait a minute or so.

Are you using Fedora 12? I am at a loss as to why it is not working for you. Might consider repeating the install a few times. Reason I mention this is one user had a problem, but was able to get it working after a few reinstalls.

While this is not ideally how we want to have apps work, there is something strange going on with Horde that we have not been able to catch. Not that it helps, but I tried it and works fine for me. Maybe you could check your log file and post it here as attachments (i.e. /var/logs/amahi-app-installer.log).
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am

Hello Bigfoot,
I mean about the user name and password being already completed, that when i tried to start Horde for the thirst time after having waited 15 minutes, it opened with the inlog window and in the window were already an username and a password. The username was my name: anno and ofcourse I could not read the password. So I did not write a username or a password myself.
I use Fedora 12.
I have posted the logfile as an attachment. As you see I have installed the app many times, but up to now it does not run.

Anno
Attachments
amahi-app-installer.log
Here is the logfile, but I did not find it in var/logs/amahi-app-installer.log, but in var/log/amahi-app-installer.log
(15.23 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks for the log file. It is clean, so no help there. The reason your user name and password was populated is from the browser cache. It is important that you clear the browser cache before doing repeat installs. Otherwise it will think you have already tried to log in. Sometimes the app will not work too as it fetches the cache info.

Ok, the next step is to verify that the database has been built and populated. Can you please take a look at the horde db? You can use Adminer or PhpMyAdmin to see. I have a feeling the tables have been built, but the data (specifically the accounts) ma not have been loaded.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:17 am

OK bigfoot,
I have two questions:
1. Is the browser cache the same as the history tab (I deleted the whole history)?
2. How can I see in PhpMyAdmin if data have been loaded? 34 Tables have been built.
Sorry that I don't know this baselicy things.
Anno

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 am

Depends on the browser. if you are using IE, there is an option for clear all data. Firefox has a similary option that states clear everything for history.

As for if the data is loaded, there should be a column labeled row. If it is 0, for all tables then there is no data.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

annodevries

Postby annodevries » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 am

I have no column labeled row, but there is a column labeled records and these are all 0.
I have added a snapshot of the database.
Anno
Attachments
Horde DB.jpeg
Snapshot of the database
Horde DB.jpeg (179.52 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 am

Ok, what that tells me is that no data is loaded. Try uninstall and reinstall again. I updated the install script and rearranged a few things.

If this does not work, I have one more idea to try.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager