TorrentFlux b4rt

say592

TorrentFlux b4rt

Postby say592 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 pm

***Edit***
Issue resolved. No real problem, mostly operator error.

I just now upgraded to Amahi 5.2 (very good!). I dont even remember what I was using before, but I installed it last summer (if that slight be of info helps any ;) ). I had b4rt working on it, but I never did get VLC/Unrar to work. I did have the RPMFusion packages installed, but I am not sure I got the ordering done right, so they may not have been functional.

Moving along to my current issue, I am still unable to get the RPMFusion dependant features to work. I made a special effort to make sure I installed them properly so I wouldnt be off to a bad start on this hda. I did the free, then the non-free, then b4rt. Still have red lights on those two though.

My setup is a fresh install of the latest. I did the ordering like I said above. I did follow the instructions in the wiki to add my second hard drive, and to configure it so my shares are on there. I did that before I even began poking around. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, rebooting, all the "normal" quick fixes. No luck.

Is there a way for me to get them working manually? Or perhaps there is something I am missing?

Thanks for the help in advance!

(Sorry if I got it in the wrong forum, things are kind of layed out confusing)
Last edited by say592 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: TorrentFlux b4rt

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 am

Hello,

Recommend after you install the RPM fusion applications, you run yum update from the command line. There were updates for one of those applications that will install.

Once complete, then install TorrentFlux b4rt. If that does not solve your problem, please file a bug at http://bugs.amahi.org so we may work this issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

say592

Postby say592 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:41 pm

I uninstalled b4rt, ran the yum update, then reinstalled. Still the same issue. I did notice that torrents I had added the other day were still there. I guess that makes sense, the configuration files probably didnt get wiped when I uninstalled. Might that help things?

To make things even more difficult (sorry!) when I attempted to map to the folder in OSX the other night, it wouldnt let me. So in a stroke of sleep aid induced brilliance, I made a share with the same name as that folder, it let me map then. I realized in the morning that was because OSX was trying to connect as a guest, and that now b4rt wouldnt run anything out of that folder. I deleted the share, but the problem persisted. That issue still existed after the yum update and reinstallation of b4rt. Again, probably because the config files dont get erased.

If you dont mind, can you lay out a step by step for me to try? I can live with deleting the contents of that folder if it means getting this all to work. I really would appreciate the extra effort, Im still very much a novice.

As usual, thanks for the help. I always appreciate that Amahi is backed with great support that is willing and able to help those of us who are still learning. Its one of the largest reasons why I intend to stick with Amahi!

**Edit**
Appearently I am learning! I managed to get Unrar to work. A small victory.

**Edit Again**
Got VLC working. Personal stupidity on both of those issues.

**Final Edit**
Permissions did get messed up with that adding of a share. I changed the permissions back, and it is all working.

Thanks again for the help! Better yet, I have started learning and can figure it out for myself!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:53 am

Great! Do you still need assistance? It sounds like you have worked out most of the problems.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2