OpenGoo Browser Launch Problem

northridgegrp

OpenGoo Browser Launch Problem

Postby northridgegrp » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:14 am

I can launch OpenGoo via the HDA dashboard on my server console with no problem. Yet when I try to launch it from the HDA dashboard on a PC in my home network the browser session is redirected to a search page on OpenDNS. All other installed applications can launch with no problem from the HDA dashboard on PCs in my home network. Is there some sort of problem in the DNS entry on my Amahi server that will not allow an address resolution of the browser session to OpenGoo? The OpenGoo installation is right out of the box Amahi Installation, I have not made any changes to Amahi in an attempt to fix this problem.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: OpenGoo Browser Launch Problem

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with OpenGoo. Did you follow the Special Instructions exactly, I.E. Changing the host to localhost?

Please check /var/logs/amahi-app-installer.log for errors and post them here as well. What is the site it is trying to reach via opendns search page. The more details you can provide, the better we can assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 am

1. What special instructions? Where do I find those? Where would I change the host to localhost?

2. In another conversation with another person they suggested clearing the cache on the network clients. Mine are all Fedora clients, no dns cache in use. Although I did try to clear the server's dns cache, no change in the problem.

3. Here is a segment of the log for the opengoo install:

======= app install begin @ Fri Mar 05 17:12:48 -0700 2010 ==========
Installing app id 578kq9c21m under /var/hda/platform/html ENV=production
NOTE: file /tmp/amahi-download-cache/e03d0b2f1cfe7ce39c683e72f133ca4fa82d6e1c written in cache
patching file html/cache/autoloader.php
patching file html/config/config.php
patching file html/config/installed_version.php
The next patch would delete the file html/.htaccess,
which does not exist! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
The next patch would create the file html/.htaccess.txt,
which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
Your HDA services have been restarted.
Your HDA services have been restarted.
App: OpenGoo installed
======= app install end @ Fri Mar 05 17:17:39 -0700 2010 ==========

4. Here is the OpenDNS links that the browser was redirected to when I tried to run OpenGoo from the Amahi Dashboard, "http://guide.opendns.com/?url=opengoo%2 ... 6a%3Dlogin".

5. I have already tried removing and reinstalling OpenGoo. Problem still there.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:27 am

Once you install the application, there are special instructions listed on how to complete the install. It is on the right side and you should see it once it says app install completed.

Follow those exactly and you should have a working app. Please let me know if this helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 am

Do they appear on the Dashboard in Installed Applications in the OpenGoo section? Or will they appear after a re-installation? I don't ever remember seeing them on that screen. I remember the admin user credentials.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 am

They should be displayed in the installed section under OpenGoo. I installed it and had no issues. Ensure you clear your browser cache if you reinstall.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Ok, so I uninstalled OpenGoo, cleared my browser history, and installed OpenGoo again. Same results, I can login to the admin on my server console but can't connect from one of my clients to the server, still go to OpenDNS. All other applications run fine from a browser on a client. I even installed myPHPAdmin and it runs fine from the client browser.

I checked under installed applications and the only "special instructions" were the "admin" ID and password. So where am I to find the information on changing the host to localhost? What is the "special instruction" supposed to tell me? What configuration file(s) am I supposed to change?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 am

Sorry you are having trouble with OpenGoo. I took a look at the install script and made a few minor changes. Please uninstall and reinstall to see if this corrects your problem.

I presume you are running Fedora 12 and have all the latest updates. Please let us know if this works.

Thanks!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:24 am

1. Yes I am using Fedora 12 with all the latest updates.
2. I uninstalled and re-installed OpenGoo. Same problem. After an uninstall are there remnants of OpenGoo left after an install? Reason why I ask is that it doesn't seem to take very long to re-install OpenGoo after it is re-installed. Also the "special instructions" for changing the host name still do not appear anywhere. I don't know what changes you might have made to the install script but it did not make any differences.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:40 am

I am unsure why it is not working for you. The reason it installs so quick after uninstall is the app is cached. That is typical for any app, install it, uninstall it, then reinstall will be much quicker.

Can you check and see if an opengoo database exists and contains data? Easiest way is to install Adminer and look there. Also, there are no additional special instructions, I was mistaken.

Can you uninstall opengoo, reboot your hda, then reinstall it and see if that helps? I have seen cases where this was the solution to the problem.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager