Cann't open Amahitunes via iTunes

robsen

Cann't open Amahitunes via iTunes

Postby robsen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:01 am

Hi guys,

I'm a proud Amahi-user for any week's and I enjoy it very much. But I've got a problem with Amahitunes.
After installation Amahitunes is listed in iTunes under shared libraries on my Mac as well as my Windows-PC. But when I try to access, it shortly displays my shared music, which are stored at my Amahi-homeserver. Only one second late iTunes jumps back to the local stored media with getting an error message or an other hint for the underlying problem.

I also noticed that my webinterface of Amahitunes shows 0 files but under the config.-Interface (mt-daapd) nearly 4.000 songs are detected, but 0 songs are saved.

Has anyone an idea how can I fix my problems?
Are both problems associated or even involve each other?

I'm waiting forward to your anwers and solutions.

Robsen.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Cann't open Amahitunes via iTunes

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:48 am

Have you checked here or in the wiki for help? I recall seeing somewhere that there is an issue with certain versions of iTunes. What version are you using?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

sachinwfs

Postby sachinwfs » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 am

I'm having a similar, but not exactly the same issue.

I bought AmahiTunes a few days ago in order to share with a Mac OSX 10.5 running iTunes 10.5. The web interface shows the correct number of songs and I am able to search and find my music through it. Additionally, I installed Songbird with the DAAP client on a windows machine and that is able to see the shared library just fine.

Since this is clearly now an iTunes issue, I did a search and found that the issue is a known one for mt-daapd: iTunes 10.5 does not load shared library files. There is a patch in that thread, but it looks like the problem might take the app maintainer, cpg, to fix.

AmahiTunes currently runs mt-daapd which apparently hasn't been updated for forever (the last stable release was ~3 years ago); the patch was written against a fork called forked-daapd. In order to fix the issue, then, it looks like cpg would have to switch form mt-daapd to forked-daapd and then run the patch.

Is there any way for us to do that ourselves?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Hello,

The app maintainer will need to make updates to the app for future installs. However, there is a way for users to potentially update mt-dappd though by following the wiki guidance.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/FireFly_Media_Server

Near the bottom of this page, the steps to install forked-mtdappd is noted. If you want to try this and are successful, please feel free to update the wiki as needed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2