Amahitunes server fails to run

mudvane

Amahitunes server fails to run

Postby mudvane » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 am

So I have just set up my first amahi server and most things seem to be running along well, but I installed amahitunes and the server will not run. I have looked around but have found nothing to resolve my issue. here is the output from a couple of the log files:
From the messages log file I see this:
localhost kernel: mt-daapd[26250]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f80fa41ae17 sp 00007fff8ee1ae80 error 4 in libid3tag.so.0.3.0[7f80fa414000+18000]

From the monit lof file I got this:
error : monit: Error reading pid from file '/var/run/mt-daapd.pid

Looking for some help as I am new convert from WHS, Also not sure about library size if that would be an issue but there are just over 30k songs in mine, could I just be choking it?

radioz

Re: Amahitunes server fails to run

Postby radioz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Also not sure about library size if that would be an issue but there are just over 30k songs in mine, could I just be choking it?
Ahh, I seem to recall that there was a limit on the max number of files for mt-daapd.

Let me go investigate to see if I can find it.

[edit]
Ok, I found it. This is what I was thinking of: http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 9887#p9887

30k files is a lot, but you could try editing that file and increasing the maximum number to like 35k to see if it works. I would suggest saving a copy of the file before you make changes.

See if that fixes your problem.

mudvane

Postby mudvane » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 pm

I saw that post as well, my thinking was it was related more to it listing the songs on the web server, but after changing that value I still receive the same messages in the log files. Any other ideas?

radioz

Postby radioz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Now that I think about it, I guess it was related to the web server.

If you are willing to experiment, try setting it up with only a few files (say 10) in the directory and see if it is happy with that. That would tell you if it is a problem with the number of files or if there is something else wrong.

The error seems to be related to id3tags. Which version of libid3tag do you have?
(rpm -qa|grep libid3tag)

Mine is: libid3tag-0.15.1b-9.fc12.i686

mudvane

Postby mudvane » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:23 pm

I will give that a try, is there an easy way to change the directory its pointing to? that would be easier and quicker than moving 150GB of data.

As far as which version of libid3tag I have, its libid3tag-0.15.1b-9.fc12.x86_64

Thanks for helping!

Edit: So I changed the directory and added only a few songs, now the server is running, but I still do not see any songs in the browser nor am I able to get to the config web page.

radioz

Postby radioz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Glad you are making progress.

I just figured out how to get to the admin page for mt-daapd:
Open up your browser for: http://hda:3689/

This should bring up a login dialog. Enter 'admin' for the user name and 'mt-daapd' as the default password (unless you changed it). This should get you to the mt-daapd web interface.
Click on the 'config' tab at the top.

It looks like you can change the 'mp3 dir' entry to point to any directory you want.

I would try creating an empty directory somewhere and put a few files in there. Change the mp3 dir to point to it and give it a try.

BTW: What type of music files do you have? mp3, ogg, ....? I see a list of extensions in the mt-daapd config page. Are your file types listed?

Hope this helps!

[edit]
What is the contents of your /var/log/mt-daapd.log file? It might have some errors that will tell us something.
Last edited by radioz on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mudvane

Postby mudvane » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Yep I finally got there, only thing i lack is it telling the number of songs on the http://amahitunes.home.com/ page. I believe I have some files in my large library that many not be compatible so I will just have to spend some time and see which they are.

Thanks again for the help.