AmahiTunes shows 0 songs

vegaramos1

AmahiTunes shows 0 songs

Postby vegaramos1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Please consider this as a nuisance more than an issue. When I check the AmahiTunes app on the HDA, it shows 0 songs (yes it is pointing to the correct share smb://hda/music, which is located at /var/hda/files/music). However, if I open up iTunes, the AmahiTunes server does display and I am able to see and stream my music from the server. I checked the wiki, and logged into the Firefly Media Server, and sure enough it does display the correct count on the server, so I'm guessing this is an issue with the Amahi customization portion of the app.

Thanks.

Alvin

michaelcombs

Re: AmahiTunes shows 0 songs

Postby michaelcombs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I have this issue as well. My AmahiTunes web interface shows 0 Songs yet I can still see and play the songs in AmahiTunes. I have about 7500 songs in my library if that matters.

-Michael

hypertense

Postby hypertense » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

I don't know if you found a solution yourself, but this might help.

My Amahitunes also showed 0 songs but this never bothered me so I didn't investigate too much. However I recently had other problems which led to me finding a possible cause.

I use Greyhole to pool my storage and my music folder is on a share that uses pooled storage. If I move my music to a drive that is not in the Greyhole pool all the songs show up in the Amahitunes web interface.

Obviously if you are not using Greyhole then that is not your particular problem, but it looks like Amahitunes and Greyhole don't interact very well at present.

hypertense

hypertense

Postby hypertense » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:19 am

More on this problem can be seen at http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3439

Point Amahitunes to the samba share as described there and all your music should show up.

hypertense