Unable to connect to HDA/VNC, connection refused

vegaramos1

Unable to connect to HDA/VNC, connection refused

Postby vegaramos1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:56 pm

My HDA is headless, and I would like to use VNC to access the desktop when needed. I followed both methods on the http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/VNC.

Method 1:

Server starts, but when I try to connect using Chicken of the VNC on a Mac, I get a "Could not connect to server hda:1 Connection refused: connect()" error.

Method 2:

When I get to the last step to restart the xinetd service, I get the following error "xinetd: unrecognized service".

contents of /etc/sysconfig/vncserver

Code: Select all

# The VNCSERVERS variable is a list of display:user pairs. # # Uncomment the lines below to start a VNC server on display :2 # as my 'myusername' (adjust this to your own). You will also # need to set a VNC password; run 'man vncpasswd' to see how # to do that. # # DO NOT RUN THIS SERVICE if your local area network is # untrusted! For a secure way of using VNC, see # <URL:http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/sshvnc.html>. # Use "-nolisten tcp" to prevent X connections to your VNC server via TCP. # Use "-localhost" to prevent remote VNC clients connecting except when # doing so through a secure tunnel. See the "-via" option in the # `man vncviewer' manual page. VNCSERVERS="2:alvin" VNCSERVERARGS[2]="-geometry 1280x768 -nolisten tcp -localhost"
I did run vncpasswd for my username and set the password

Contents of /home/username/.vnc/xstartup

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh vncconfig -iconic & unset SESSION_MANAGER unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS OS=`uname -s` if [ $OS = 'Linux' ]; then case "$WINDOWMANAGER" in *gnome*) if [ -e /etc/SuSE-release ]; then PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnome/bin export PATH fi ;; esac fi if [ -x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ]; then exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc fi if [ -f /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ]; then exec sh /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc fi [ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid grey xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" & exec gnome-session &
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

vegaramos1

Re: Unable to connect to HDA/VNC, connection refused

Postby vegaramos1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm sorry, this was posted in the wrong forum, I meant to post this in the applications forum.