amahitunes/zina/fireplay/firefly

pbecks1963

amahitunes/zina/fireplay/firefly

Postby pbecks1963 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:18 am

Hello,

I want to use fireplay (a html-page) to play (remote/streaming) my mp3's on the amahi-server. Amahitunes/firefly is taking care off that on the hda. Remote i want to use "fireplay". (a html-page) Now when i go to my webpage on the amahi-server (remote!) and i open fireplay.html it opens up but i don't see any mp3's/music that can be played. (Amahitunes is online however and i can use it in for instance itunes on my local xp)

How do i configure fireplay or firefly so that it works?

The above might be confusing to you (it is to me). Ive been messing arround on my hda (with zina/vpn/etc..) and now i confused myself. :roll:

ps: just an update

I can play my music (being streamed from my amahi-server/hda) at work (remote) with zina and vpn. I just find zina not so very good as a mp3-selector.

cpg
Administrator

Re: amahitunes/zina/fireplay/firefly

Postby cpg » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 pm

I want to use fireplay (a html-page) to play (remote/streaming) my mp3's on the amahi-server. Amahitunes/firefly is taking care off that on the hda. Remote i want to use "fireplay". (a html-page) Now when i go to my webpage on the amahi-server (remote!) and i open fireplay.html it opens up but i don't see any mp3's/music that can be played. (Amahitunes is online however and i can use it in for instance itunes on my local xp)

How do i configure fireplay or firefly so that it works?
great to hear that zina works for you. we are about to release a new version with a few of these apps pre-packaged for amahi. if you have any tips, please share them!

however, i cannot seem to find fireplay. searching gives links to sites with fire playing and some erotic massage crap. can you provide a link?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mogwai

Postby mogwai » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 pm

I have fireplay installed and running on my WHS box... it's a WHS add-on which uses flash to provide an iTunes like mp3 player in a web browser... It's very easy to browse large libraries and I use it constantly from work to play back my music...

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/index.php/FirePlay

EDIT:
http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/vi ... php?t=6863

this link seems to suggest that it's just a flash swf file at heart ... it might actually be quite easy to integrate this into amahi, will give it a go later on and post what I find

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

nice! yup, it works nicely ! i created a webapp called fireplay and renamed the Fireplay.html to index.html
fireplay.png
fireplay.png (43.83 KiB) Viewed 7925 times
we would like to add you to the contributors group if you would be willing to package it!

the more interesting part is to configure it nicely so that users only have to click to have it running :)
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mogwai

Postby mogwai » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm

not sure how to build packages for amahi sadly, though I've got this up and running now too, asides from a bit of minor tweaking it's almost ready to go as-is, shouldn't be difficult to do at all.

rampage537

Postby rampage537 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 am

contact bigfoot65 he is the packaging leader either on the forum or in the IRC channel, he could explain it to you from what i understand its not to difficult.
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives