Sabnzbd in Fedora 12

djoeney

Sabnzbd in Fedora 12

Postby djoeney » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:14 am

Hello,

Is sabnzbd still available in the fedora 12 release, i`m now on fedora 10 but like to update to 12.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Sabnzbd in Fedora 12

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 am

I am sorry, but it's currently it is not available. We have to rebuild and upgrade it to the newest version to be compatible with Fedora 12.

Please stay tuned for further updates.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

yk125

Postby yk125 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 am

is it possible to install sabnzbd manual on fedora12? so not via amahi, just to get it working?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am

It is possible. You need to create a web app, then do the install manually. I have done it in the past in F10, but not tried in F12 yet.

If you are not experienced with Linux, I would not recommend it. There are certain things that need to be configured with .conf files and location of the app itself.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

djoeney

Postby djoeney » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Can you advise us how to manualy make a webapp???

Many thanks

raphouamahi

Postby raphouamahi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 am

Hi,

I tried the following (AS root) :

In terminal :

Code: Select all

yum install python-cheetah python-yEnc par2cmdline unrar unzip python-feedparser -y
Then I downloaded the last beta of sabnzbd (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... ror=heanet), untared it and placed it in /usr/share/SABnzbd-0.5.0Beta6/

In this folder, I ran :

python -OO SABnzbd.py -v
I modified a startup script found @ http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1730.0 with following:
- I created a file /etc/rc.d/init.d/SABnzbd
- I put this code in it:

#!/bin/bash # # SABnzbd is a free/open-source cross-platform binary newsreader written in Python. # # # chkconfig: 345 99 05 # # ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: $SABnzbd # Required-Start: $local_fs $syslog $network # Required-Stop: $local_fs $syslog # Default-Start: 2345 # Default-Stop: 99 # Short-Description: binary newsreader written in Python # Description: SABnzbd1 is a program to download binary files from \ # Usenet servers. Many people upload all sorts of interesting \ # material to Usenet and you need a special program to get \ # this material with the least effort. ### END INIT INFO # Source function library. . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions prog=SABnzbd pidfile=${PIDFILE-/var/run/sabnzbd.pid} lockfile=${LOCKFILE-/var/lock/subsys/sabnzbd} RETVAL=0 start() { echo -n $"Starting $prog: " daemon --pidfile=${pidfile} `/usr/share/SABnzbd-0.5.0Beta6/SABnzbd.py -d -s 0.0.0.0:7777-f /usr/share/SABnzbd-0.5.0Beta6/sabnzbd.ini` RETVAL=$? echo [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch ${lockfile} return $RETVAL } stop() { echo -n $"Stopping $prog: " # Uncomment below and change appropriate details if USING a user and password. #action `/usr/bin/wget -q --delete-after "http://HOSTADDRESS:PORT/sabnzbd/api?mode=shutdown&ma_username=USERNAME&ma_password=PASSWORD"` # Uncomment and change appropriate details if NOT using a user password action `/usr/bin/wget -q --delete-after "http://HOSTADDRESS:PORT/sabnzbd/api?mode=shutdown"` RETVAL=$? echo [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && rm -f ${lockfile} ${pidfile} } # See how we were called. case "$1" in start) start ;; stop) stop ;; status) status $prog RETVAL=$? ;; *) echo $"Usage: $prog {start|stop|status}" RETVAL=3 esac exit $RETVAL
- I ran

chmod +x SABnzbd
and then I

chkconfig --add SABnzbd
to have it started at boot

Now I can access SABnzbd with the folowing adress : http://hda:7777/sabnzbd

But I have two problems (I think firewall and permission related)

- I have an error when I tried to connect to my news provider
- I don't know how to change the directories to have all the downloads to /NAMEOFTHEACCOUNT/Downloads

Any clue ?

Thanks a lot !

raphouamahi

Postby raphouamahi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:30 am

The problems that I mentionned above won't perturb the process of Sabnzbd.
- Even if Sabnzbd gives an error when testing the network, it actually works when I ask to download something
- For the path to download, I've just added in tyhe amahui web interface a shared folder downloads, and then I pointed the path in sabnzbd to /var/hda/files/downloads

It works great!!!!

Cheers!

Paullezzz007

Postby Paullezzz007 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 am

Hi all,

I am a great fan of Amahi and using it for a couple of months now.

The only thing I'm missing is Sabnzbd as webapp. I know there are people bussy making it ready for release.

My question is, how's development going? Any news?

Thanks for the great effort !!
Paul

monzor

Postby monzor » Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 am

Hi. I've installed all packages required by Sabnzbd.
Except for unrar which i can't find even after adding RPM-Fusion.
I have Debian/Ubuntu background so i'm not sure where to go now, any suggestions anyone?