starting sabnzbd: sorry requires python modul cheetah 2.0cr7

razzz

starting sabnzbd: sorry requires python modul cheetah 2.0cr7

Postby razzz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm

hi guys I Have used suse 11 server , ubuntu server and have finaly now settled on amahi.

having some trouble with sabnzb , I have installed this from the amahi control panel and re-installed it several times , but I when I launch sabznb.home.com i get a page stating "error 503 temporarily unavailable" .
I have followed the noob page - http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=266
and have also installed all fedora repositories RPM Fusion (Free) and RPM Fusion (Non-Free)

I sshd's into my amahi server and checked the status of sabnzb deamon and it states stopped , So i figured ok lets started "service sabnzbd start" i then get this message " starting sabnzbd: sorry requires python modul cheetah 2.0cr7 or higher"

I have seen simmiliar problems like this on suse 11.1 server and ubuntu server , this is why I tried amahi .

please can someone help , you guys seem to have it working and sorted .

p:s I have installed amahi following your guide on fedora 10 if that makes any difference.

please please please help

cpg
Administrator

Re: starting sabnzbd: sorry requires python modul cheetah 2.0cr7

Postby cpg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:38 pm

i just re-installed it (in fedora 10). i have this cheetah:

Code: Select all

bash$ rpm -qa | grep cheetah python-cheetah-2.0.1-2.fc9.x86_64 bash$
what python-cheetah version you have?

Code: Select all

rpm -q python-cheetah
try yum install python-cheetah
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

razzz

Postby razzz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:35 am

Yipee .. thank you . thank you

I ssh'd to my server and checked whether I heave pyton cheetah installed "rpm -q python-cheetah" and the result was "package python cheetah is not installed"
so I Yum installed pyhon-cheetah. then started the sabnzbd deamon , and I can get a sabnzb page .

Thank you very much :)

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:58 pm

I have a fresh install of AMAHI. I did not install sabnzbd, yet it is on the system. Part of the base now?

Anyway at bootup, I see this message, but it does not appear in /var/log/messages.

So obviously I need to install python-cheetah.

But why was it not picked up as a dependency in the first place?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 pm

it's not part of the base, it's an app. so i am not sure why it's asking for it if you did not install it.

it may be that you installed it but did not have the rpmfusion repos.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

rgmhtt

Postby rgmhtt » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm

I have done two installs since I restarted. In both this is installed and registered as a service.

It is not listed as an app. So something in the install is getting it down on my systems.

I just used chkconfig to turn the app off. I haven't done any usenet for a decade or so.....

everestx

Postby everestx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm

I recently had to reinstall and upgrade from f9 to f10, I couldn't get Web install to work, ( to be fair it ran and made all the links, added to the dash etc but the service was unrecognized if I tried to start it. )

I already had the fusion repos installed so i yum'd the unrar and par2cmdline, then ran

#yum install amahi-sabnzbd.

Now everything works. I do recall having this issue originally on f9 vaguely. I saw you weren't getting much feedback on this, Sab is beautiful, after you get it installed it's nothing but golden, and if you have to use that work around to install it, its super easy.
Full time HDA: 2.5ghz Phenom Quad Core, 8gb DDR 800, Asus M3n-ht, PERC 6/i, Norco 4020