Sabnzbd+ Server fails to start (one-click install)

Strangename

Sabnzbd+ Server fails to start (one-click install)

Postby Strangename » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

I have tried to install Sabnzbd+ using the 1 click solution but it appears that the server fails to start automatically or indeed manually.

If I attempt to install I receive the following in the installer log

Code: Select all

======= app install begin @ 2014-02-09 22:43:19 +0000 ========== Installing app id l87u14kg9n under /var/hda/platform/html ENV=production file /var/hda/tmp/amahi-download-cache/6b15e7b86e6d1e9aa910b2af9d7a00f08749cb96 picked up from cache. Your HDA services have been restarted. Your HDA services have been restarted. Configuring Amahi settings Installing sabnzbd.service Reloading systemctl daemon Enabling sabnzbd.service Starting sabnzbd.service Job for sabnzbd.service failed. See 'systemctl status sabnzbd.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details. /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/validations.rb:56:in `save!': Validation failed: Identifier has already been taken (ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid) from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/attribute_methods/dirty.rb:33:in `save!' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:264:in `block in save!' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:313:in `block in with_transaction_returnin g_status' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:192:in `transaction' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:208:in `transaction' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:311:in `with_transaction_returning_status' from /var/hda/platform/html/vendor/bundle/ruby/gems/activerecord-3.2.14/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:264:in `save!' from /var/hda/platform/html/app/models/app.rb:244:in `install_bg' from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:99:in `install_or_uninstall' from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:120:in `main' from /var/hda/platform/html/script/install-app:132:in `<main>'
A look at the service shows the following

Code: Select all

sabnzbd.service - SABnzbd Plus server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sabnzbd.service; enabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2014-02-09 22:45:15 GMT; 1min 54s ago Process: 26590 ExecStart=/var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/html/SABnzbd.py --browser 0 --daemon --pid /var/run/sabnzbd/ --config-file /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/html/sabn zbd.ini (code=exited, status=2) Process: 26588 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown -R apache:users /var/run/sabnzbd/ (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 26586 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/sabnzbd/ (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Feb 09 22:45:15 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting SABnzbd Plus server... Feb 09 22:45:15 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: sabnzbd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=2 Feb 09 22:45:15 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start SABnzbd Plus server. Feb 09 22:45:15 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit sabnzbd.service entered failed state.
If anyone can point me in the right direction to get this problem sorted I would be most grateful

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Sabnzbd+ Server fails to start (one-click install)

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Please file a bug. I will take a look and see what is going on.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Did you install:
http://www.amahi.org/apps/sabnzbd-plus

I just tested and worked fine for me. What Amahi OS?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:02 am

Hi Bigfoot,

Yes I did install the Sab+. This is for Amahi v7. Will file the bug report. I have had issues in the past when installing on previous versions of Amahi with Sickbeard but was able to get around that problem. Sickbeard is installed on the server and functioning well as far as I can see.

Will create a bug for this.

Thank you

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 am

Thanks for filing the bug. I am unsure what the problem could be as it installs fine on my test machine. Have you installed OS updates or made any manual configuration changes to your machine?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:30 pm

The only updates would have been any automated updates from Amahi but I did have to manually install Greyhole.

The one comment that I wasn't sure about was in the installer log
Validation failed: Identifier has already been taken (ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid)
Not up to speed with Ruby so not sure if this is actually a problem or not.

The fact that the server can't be started manually seems to point at missing files somewhere.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Not sure what that means. Check /var/hda/web-apps and ensure there are not 2 copies of SABbzbd installed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 am

I did that check and there was a duplicate folder.

I deleted the duplicate and then the original and tried to reinstall again.

I am getting an error on the creation of sabnzbd.ini - for some reason it is exiting with a status of 2 which is normally a fatal error.

So where should I look to manually clear out the install for sabnzbd+ ?

Looking like there are some things not being deleted on the uninstall.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:20 am

Check /var/hda/files/newsgroups for the sabnzbd.ini file. If it's there, remove it. Might consider reboot before trying to reinstall. Also ensure there is no /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbd folders present.

Not sure what is going on with you install, but never should have been able to install the app twice.

Did you try to install more than once when it initially failed? If so, recommend not doing that. What happens is it gets caught in a state of installing sometimes when it says it failed. The dashboard will indicate failure, but when you check installed apps it will show up.

This is something that is still being looked at for potential update.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Strangename

Postby Strangename » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks for the info Bigfoot.

I always uninstall before trying to reinstall to try and keep things as clean as possible - at least that was my intention.

I looked in to /var/hda/files/newsgroups and there was no sabnzbd.ini

Similarly no sabnzbd folders/files in web-apps dir - however I uninstalled the app went back and checked the newsgroups dir and low and behold a new sabnzbd.ini file had been written!

So now I'm really confused as this is somewhat backwards!

I did reboot the system and now have lost HDA access - can SSH in and use Samba - there is a problem with the server which I am going to have to deal with and probably start with a complete reinstall.

Thanks for your help on this.