Strange connect failure to web GUI

minus21

Strange connect failure to web GUI

Postby minus21 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 am

Nearing my wit's end.

I did a fresh install of Amahi. Then in the list of apps I installed, sabnzbdplus was one of them. The first time I went to the web GUI I was able to access it, but I think I might have inadvertantly changed something, because now I have no access at all. When I click on the app icon in the dashboard, it gives me this error in chrome:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to sabnzbdplus.######.net:25915

Things I have done to try and remedy this problem:
1. Uninstalled and re-installed (several times)
2. Changed the host in the ini file at /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd.ini followed by reboot
3. Changed the port in the ini file followed by reboot
4. Uninstalled and deleted the backed up ini file found in /var/hda/files/newsgroups then re-installed
5. Checked to ensure the service was actually running (it was) with ZERO errors in the error log.
6. Scoured multiple forums including this one for ANY answers.

What is strange is that I was able to access it that first time. Not sure what else to do, and like I said in the beginning, I'm nearing my wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Also, BTW, I am running Ubuntu Server 12.04
Last edited by minus21 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Strange connect failure to web GUI

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 am

Try clearing the browser cache. Also some apps do not work well with all browsers. Consider trying a different browser. Repeated install/uninstall typically does not help.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

minus21

Re: Strange connect failure to web GUI

Postby minus21 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Wow! Thank you for the quick reply! I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried it on all the browsers I have installed (IE, Chrome, Firefox). I figured that the repeated uninstall/reinstall was probably not doing much, but I wasn't sure what else to do. I noticed that in the /etc/httpd/conf.d folder, each web-app has a name like 1001-*****-.conf and everytime I installed sabnzbdplus it would create conf file with the same number as another web-app ie:

1008-sabnzbdplus.conf
1008-adito.conf

I'm not sure if that would affect it or not, but one of the reasons I kept un/re-installing is that the number that was assigned to sabnzbdplus was increasing with each install, so I was hoping it would get to the point where it was it's own number and hopefully fix the problem..(like I said, I'm not really sure WHAT the problem is), but it has plateaued at 1008 along with adito. Anything I need to post that might shed some light on this issue? Log files, config files etc..?

cpg
Administrator

[SOLVED] Re: Strange connect failure to web GUI

Postby cpg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm

I believe this was traced (via IRC chat) to a port number issue (after perhaps other issues) and it's solved now.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

minus21

[SOLVED] Re: Strange connect failure to web GUI

Postby minus21 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 am

yes, solved, thanks again for all your help, apologize for not getting in here sooner to clarify the issue has been resolved.