Bandwidth/Resource hog???

schweitzer6

Bandwidth/Resource hog???

Postby schweitzer6 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I've been looking around and haven't found a thread here or at the SABnzbd forums that fit well. I've installed a few things and I'm very pleased with where I ended up (dlna, SABnzbd...) on my HDA.

I'm still trying to learn even the basics but I'm a little confused. When I first installed SABnzbd I had to figure out permissions, and a monitored folder and it all came together. I even found an addon to Firefox for monitoring SABnzbd. It was super fast and worked great. No hiccups at all.

About a month ago (more or less), now after I start a(n) (nzb) file I'm basically locked out of my HDA via the network. I can log in at the HDA with NO problems. Via the network though, no shares access, no apps... Nothing (seems to time out). I've tried to do a little trouble shooting with rebooting the gateway (dns & DHCP is off) and other equipment. I've installed monitorix. Nothing really seems out of whack.

I finally set the max speed down to 1000Kb on SABnzbd and that seems to keep me with in range to keep access, but before I was getting 2500 Kb and still had access to it all. I'm stumped.

I have a Gbit network and 20 mbit (+) connection from ISP. The set up hasn't changed from when it worked before. Obviously Bandwidth spikes when grabbing a file but otherwise Monitorix shows little in the way of any spikes except eth0 interrupt activity. Any ideas?

schweitzer6

Re: Bandwidth/Resource hog???

Postby schweitzer6 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 pm

For anyone else that may end up looking, I think I discovered the real issue. Hardware. It seems that the Realtek NIC on my Asus MB will 'lock up' and only give you a 10mb connection (for no specific reason). The fix is to not only power down, but remove any power source at all for a few minutes and reboot. I thought it was odd too, but it worked.

Now off to another area of the forum to ask for more help... while trying to fix this I completely messed up the dns server.

Edit: Go figure, I set my HDA back to a static IP and viola back in business.