[Resolved] ERROR: Cannot create directory

modem7

[Resolved] ERROR: Cannot create directory

Postby modem7 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

Hey guys,

Got a weird one I can't seem to figure out.

My incomplete folder is: /var/hda/files/newsgroups/incomplete

When I try clicking on that folder within Windows, I can access the incomplete folder, but not any folder under it, it says: You do not have permissions to access blah blah blah

(same deal with SSH). So I thought that the error was because it was in /var/hda/files/newsgroups/incomplete and not /mnt/samba/newsgroups/incomplete.

I try and change it, and sab tells me: 2012-05-10 17:26:40,716 ERROR: Cannot create directory /mnt/samba/newsgroups/incomplete

I've run ps -ef | grep -i sabnzbd and it comes up with this:

Code: Select all

# ps -ef | grep -i sabnzbd apache 1573 1 16 07:03 ? 01:44:41 /usr/bin/python -OO ./SABnzbd.py -f /var/hda/web-apps/sabnzbdplus/html/sabnzbd.ini -d root 18469 18439 0 17:27 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i sabnzbd

The reason I want to get into the incomplete folder, is that sometimes (rarely), sab doesn't do a good enough job w/ par2 files, and parbuddy can.

Any ideas? I used to be able to chmod that folder, but when I tried it again, it didn't seem to work (maybe I used the wrong command?), however, when I did it before, it seemed to only last a session, and didn't sticky the permissions onto it.

ls -l on that folder brings up:

ls -l /var/hda/files/newsgroups/incomplete/ total 16 drwx------ 3 apache users 12288 May 10 08:31 <downloadfolder> drwx------ 3 apache users 4096 May 9 23:17 <downloadfolder>

I'm......stumped. Could it be because sab seems to be running as apache and not root or myself?

Any help would be fantastic, many thanks!

edit:

I did a chmod -R 777 /var/hda/files/newsgroups/incomplete and it seemed to work. Are these permissions permanent or do I need to sticky them somehow?

Thank you!
Last edited by modem7 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: ERROR: Cannot create directory

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Hello,

Ensure the ownership of the folder is your first admin user. If not, you can set it by doing the following as root user:

chown -R /var/hda/files/newsgroups adminuser:users
Also if you are using Greyhole, it's a good idea to have mount shares locally enabled if you access any files directly on the HDA.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally

Hope this helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

modem7

Postby modem7 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:44 am

Hello,

Ensure the ownership of the folder is your first admin user. If not, you can set it by doing the following as root user:

chown -R /var/hda/files/newsgroups adminuser:users
Also if you are using Greyhole, it's a good idea to have mount shares locally enabled if you access any files directly on the HDA.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally

Hope this helps.
Ah brilliant, didn't quite figure out how to use chown. Thank you!

Everything is already mounted, but for some reason the incomplete folder was still set to direct path, rather than the mounted one (only noticed that a few days ago).

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try tonight (stupid work blocking SSH port) -.-

modem7

Postby modem7 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm

beautiful! Worked a treat.

Many thanks once again Bigfoot!