unrar failing

bigmango

unrar failing

Postby bigmango » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:13 am

Hi,

I have installed sabnzbd 0.6.8.

The init is configured to have it startup as the user with access to the shares.

It works fine, but unrar is not happening. I have first tried with the fusion repo rar version 3.93 and have now replaced it with the rarlabs.com 4.01.

This is what I have in the log (replaced the file and fileset names with ---file---):

Code: Select all

par2 binary... found (/usr/bin/par2) unrar binary... found (/usr/bin/unrar) unzip binary... found (/usr/bin/unzip) nice binary... found (/bin/nice) ionice binary... found (/usr/bin/ionice) .... Running unpack_magic on ---file--- 213::INFO::[newsunpack:196] Unrar starting on /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/incomplete/---file--- 216::INFO::[newsunpack:403] Extracting rarfile /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/incomplete/---file---.rar (belonging to ---file---) to /var/hda/files/movies/New/_UNPACK_---file--- 270::INFO::[newsunpack:635] Missing expected file: ---file---.mkv => unrar error? 271::INFO::[newsunpack:403] Extracting rarfile /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/incomplete/---file---/---file----subs.rar (belonging to ---file----subs) to /var/hda/files/movies/New/_UNPACK_---file--- 302::INFO::[newsunpack:635] Missing expected file: ---file---.rar => unrar error? 303::INFO::[newsunpack:635] Missing expected file: ---file---.idx => unrar error? 303::INFO::[newsunpack:200] Unrar finished on /var/hda/files/SABnzbd/incomplete/---file--- 320::INFO::[postproc:317] unpack_magic finished on ---file---
And I get this empty folder /var/hda/files/movies/New/_FAILED_---file---

The problem is the same for all the downloads (about 10 filesets so far).

When I unrar the files manually it works fine.

What I am guessing, is that perhaps sabnzb is starting unrar as another user who doesn't have access to the /var/hda/files/movies/ share, and so the files can't get written, which in turn results in "Missing expected file: ---file---.mkv => unrar error?". :?: (or is it running unrar as the same user?)

Is anyone able to help me out with this?

Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: unrar failing

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:52 am

Hello,

You need unrar from the RPM Fusion repo or it may not work. Is this an Amahi one-click install? Did you verify all the correct dependencies were installed?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigmango

Postby bigmango » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello,

You need unrar from the RPM Fusion repo or it may not work. Is this an Amahi one-click install? Did you verify all the correct dependencies were installed?
The one click sabnzbd is in beta, so I dont have access to it (and it's also an old version 0.5.5). So I have installed the latest version 0.6.8 with the required dependencies.

It works fine, the only problem I have is unrar. I have tired both versions: the RPM Fusion repo and the latest rarlabs.com. Looking at the sabnzbd forums, they are telling everyone to install the latest version from rarlabs.com, they say its the best version with sabnzbd.

I see you are the contributor for the Amahi version. Do you know if sabnzbd is launching unrar as the same user it is running itself, or is unrar running as another user in the normal sabnzbd version? Could this be my problem?

I think I had this problem with Utorrent Server, I had to add a torrent user in amahi for utserver to correctly get access for writing to the shares. But the Sabnzbd is set to make it run as the main user with access to the shares..... the question is if unrar is running as the same user.... which could explain the problem if it isn't the same user...

Thanks a lot.

bigmango

Postby bigmango » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Ok, I have found the problem.

In the config I had set the "nice" parameter at 17. For some strange unknown reason, clearing this parameter fixed the problem and now everything is working fine.

Crap Linux; this prehistoric OS always takes hours upon hours to get things working. But once it works its a beast :D

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Glad you got it fixed. We also have the latest version in Alpha. It is done from source and not an RPM so upgrade it much smoother.

http://www.amahi.org/apps/sabnzbd-src

We are hoping to move it to Live in the near future. The init script works with this version much better than the RPM version as well.

If you are interested in helping test it so we can move it to Live, please PM me your amahi.org user name.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2