Unrar still not installing

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Unrar still not installing

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

To ensure Monitorix is completely uninstalled, do yum remove monitorix as root user. As for the broken dashboard, it could be a result of the RPM Fusion apps. I had an issue with them early on and could not get both to uninstall.

As cpg stated, if you could come by the IRC we can do it live and hopefully get things back on target.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

thegeebs

Postby thegeebs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Problem solved.

I hopped in IRC http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=amahi and chatted with fantastic people who narrowed down the problem.

I had to remove RPM Fusion Free and Non-Free because I installed them before they were fixed.

Afterwards I was able to install Sabnzbd which installs unrar as a dependency.
Linux is not user friendly!

frodemann

Postby frodemann » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 pm

I also for a long time thought it was unrar causing trouble with sab on my 64bit Amahi 6. I think sab prefers to use rar in stead of unrar if rar is present.
My system had the file: /bin/rar. when I tried to execute it I got: "bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory". Google told med that was because rar was for 32bit.

When I renamed rar into something else, sab started unraring files as it should.