Ultimate noob guide to installing SABNZBD on Amahi

ajose01

Ultimate noob guide to installing SABNZBD on Amahi

Postby ajose01 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:59 pm

The ultimate newbie guide to installing Sabnzbd in amahi / hda
I wrote this guide after being a complete newcomer to linux. It is not a complicated process for those a bit more familiar with linux commands, but if you are new like me here's the detailed step by step.

Before clicking on install app through the webapps portion of your HDA I would do the following:
Login to your HDA either physically or through webvnc and go to:
First install the gcc++ compiler which will be needed in order to install unrar and par2cmdline which sabnzd needs to run properly.
To do this simply open a terminal, type in: su - and then your password for root. This will give switch your user to root with full administrative access.
Then type: yum install gcc-c++
Let linux do its thing and install this. May take a bit to finish and you'll see a bunch of commands running through.

Once it is done go to:
http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/install-off-modules
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you'll see links to d/l unrar, par2cmdline and the patch file.
download all 3. For par2cmdline just download the file called par2cmdline-0.4.tar.gz (platform independent).
Once d/l you can move both of these files to a folder of your choosing. Once moved, right-click on each folder and choose extract here...
This will create a new folder called rar and one called par2cmdline-0.4
Through the terminal direct yourself to the rar folder first.
Once in the folder type in: make
Then type: make install
That's it! Unrar is done. Now go to the par2cmdline folder and type: ./configure
if this gives you an error you need to apply the patch. to do this save the patch file you d/l inside the par2cmdline folder then type: patch -p0 < par2cmdline-0.4-gcc4.patch
Once this finishes, again type: ./configure
then: make
then: make install
now you're done!
now back on your regular pc, simply go to http://hda and go to the applications section, click on sabnzbd and install.
Wait for a bit and you're done! now you can simply type in sabnzbd in the address section of your web browser and it takes you to your sabnzbd server! There are some additional items to be configured if you don't use the default folders, but that's been covered in the amahi forums.
Hope it helps!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Ultimate noob guide to installing SABNZBD on Amahi

Postby cpg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 am

hi there aaj!

as a result of this and other suggestions, we developed two "apps" that help a lot in this and many other things: rpmfusion (free) and rpmfusion (non-free).

these "applications" are really repositories of RPMs.

now, upon some research, par2cmdline is available in the fedora repos. unrar is available in rpmfusion (non-free) (which requires rpmfusion/free)

in fact, we just added those dependencies to amahi-sabnzbd, and until the day we have dependencies with the apps, if one does this by going to your HDA's MyApps page, sab should all be running (with three clicks, not one, hey):
  • install rpmfusion (free)
  • install rpmfusion (non-free)
  • install sabnzbd
thanks for the guide!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1