SOLVED: PlexMS doesn't work with Roku

cpeddie

SOLVED: PlexMS doesn't work with Roku

Postby cpeddie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm

I've installed the latest Plex on my new HDA. All my movies are playable from my mac using the Plex client there. Using the Plex app on Roku, I am able to view all the movies and metadata with no issues, but when I try and play one I get the following error:
Playback error. Please check that the necessary file exists and the necessary drive is mounted.

I know the file is there since I can play it back fine on my mac using the Plex app there. I can also play the same file (m4v) back using QuickTIme player. For some reason though, the Plex app on the Roku is unable to play back the files. I'm pointing the client at the Greyhole movies, and have also tried building the library pointing to /mnt/samba. Both give the same results. I'm unable to see anything in the log files either.

I posted to Plex forums and they said they can't support since its the amahi build.

How can I figure out what is going on?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: PlexMS doesn't work with Roku

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Recommend you submit a bug report.

We may be able to help, but honestly it doesn't sound like an Amahi issue since it works with some devices.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpeddie

Postby cpeddie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:01 pm

I ended up installing PlexMS directly from their site and was able to get it working that way. Not using the Amahi app, just plain old Plex. But everything works fine so I'm good.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Ok. Glad you got it sorted out.

Marking as resolved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2