SOLVED: Just bought PLEX, but nobody there

peddie

SOLVED: Just bought PLEX, but nobody there

Postby peddie » Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Just purchased the PLEX media server app, but when I click on the link provided under amahi/apps, I'm taken to a page that shows a PLEX splash screen asking me to upgrade to a paid PLEX, and when I close that window I'm looking at a perpetual spinner telling me its looking for a PLEX server. I'm also given an option of downloading a PLEX server on the main window, but if I click on that it wants to download to my mac, not my hda. How do I get the actual PLEX server installed and running on the hda? Either that or get my money back for the purchase....

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Just bought PLEX, but nobody there

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:44 am

Please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
Is this a new #Amahi install? Do other apps work? Check /var/log/amahi-app-installer.log for errors.

Did you check out the Plex guidance in the wiki for your issue?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

peddie

Postby peddie » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 am

Checked the log, and there are no errors from install. diskutil and greyhole log monitor work fine. I've also purchased and installed gallery3. That app comes up, but when I try and login with the id I created for gallery2 it doesn't work. I've tried resetting the password, but I never get a password reset email. Checking out their website, gallery is now a dead (i.e. unsupported) app. Did amahi pick up support for it? How do I create a new login or reset my old one so I can actually use the app?

As for plex, uninstalled and reinstalled. No errors in log file. But when I click on the dashboard link, it takes me a plex page and tells me that no server is found. I thought purchasing the amahi one click install would make sure an amahi friendly version of plex was installed. I can go thru the steps on the wiki and manually install a server, but then why did I pay for the amahi version?

Not sure what I should do here....

peddie

Postby peddie » Mon May 29, 2017 9:34 am

It is a fresh amahi install. And here is url for apaste:
https://da.gd/u464 -> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/0 ... ivL9gydE=/

peddie

Postby peddie » Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am

For PLEX, it is a DNS issue. When I log on to the server using the IP address, works fine and sees the server.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:30 am

Why did you install Gallery 2? It's not LIVE for #Amahi 10.

We cautioned users who upgrade about apps that won't be available in the newer version. Did you not see it?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Since you original issue has been resolved, marking this as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

rafkid

Re: SOLVED: Just bought PLEX, but nobody there

Postby rafkid » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 am

I have exactly this issue.

If I use http://plexms.home I get the issue.

However if I use http://hdaip:32400/web/index.html then I go to the login page and the Plex server reports it can find itself and I am able to start configuring libraries etc. Which implies a DNS issue maybe? Not that I know much of anything.

I am guessing BigFoot does :)

It would be nice to know how to get the DNS server to recognise Plex. Am I right in thinking the one click install should have addressed this?

Edit: After several hours of fiddling around with Plex via it's IP the DNS server suddenly decided to recognise Plex with the name I gave it. All sorted for me thankfully. I found the add DNS alias button as a result of this so that was a bonus.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: SOLVED: Just bought PLEX, but nobody there

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Good to hear it's working.

In future we'd appreciate if you did not use a closed thread.

Best to start new and provide details specific to your system. Not all issues are the same, even if they initially appear so.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager