Plex media server : New install - unable to login

jsdckr

Plex media server : New install - unable to login

Postby jsdckr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:15 am

Greetings!

Just installed the Plex media server app. The install advice tells me to login with id : cpg and no password. However, the page requires a password, and will not let you proceed without. Help? Thanks!

Jamie

cpg
Administrator

Re: Plex media server : New install - unable to login

Postby cpg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi, first, the user "cpg" is a mistake I accidentally introduced while packaging the Plex media server. That has been fixed, so please ignore that user "cpg".

You have to register with Plex with your own user and password (which Amahi opposes, as we prefer self-hosted apps without ties to anyone who could block your access, or leak or sell your information to others).

That said, even though we package Plex for easy install in Amahi due to popular demand, we do not know how to use it beyond the basics, so we can't help much with how to set it up.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jsdckr

Postby jsdckr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 pm

...thanks so much for your answer!

...So, I tried registering as a new user - but no matter what I try, it tells me that the username is already in use.... I'm sorry to sound so clueless, but can you point me in the right direction again, please? Thanks, Jamie

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Hmm, not sure. Try some weird username that is longer, or compound or something?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1