CLOSED: Plex not installing from dashboard

athrunzgmfx19a

CLOSED: Plex not installing from dashboard

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm trying to reinstall Plex from the dashboard. It was working just fine before I uninstalled and reinstalled it.
Now when I try systemctl status amahi-plex -l I get:
  • Loaded: not-found (Reason: no such file or directory)
    Active: inactive (dead)
It shows up as installed from the apps tab of the dashboard, the front page, and is under Setting > Servers but won't respond to attempts to start or restart it.
Running Amahi 9 on fedora 23

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Plex not installing from dashboard

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm trying to reinstall Plex from the dashboard. It was working just fine before I uninstalled and reinstalled it.
Why did you install/reinstall it?
Now when I try systemctl status amahi-plex -l I get:
Loaded: not-found (Reason: no such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)
Do the following:

Code: Select all

sudo dnf install amahi-plex sudo systemctl start amahi-plex
See if that fixes the issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Why did you install/reinstall it?
I was trying to troubleshoot something that seems to have just been plunging into a dirty USB port
I tried

sudo dnf install amahi-plex
but it said
  • Error: Transaction check error:
    installing package amahi-plex-1.1.4.2757-1.x86_64 needs 222MB on the / filesystem.
/ being suddenly full is what I was trying to fix earlier but I couldn't find any help on it. Changing USB ports seemed to work until this popped up

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 am

/ being suddenly full is what I was trying to fix earlier but I couldn't find any help on it.
If root partition is full, you need to make some room.

Might remove some large files from shares. Until you can make more room on the drive, things will progressively get worse until your server crashes.

If possible, please provide the URL for:

apaste --sysinfo
This will help with diagnosing and correcting your issue.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:00 pm

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/519482/46955414

How do I clear up space in root? Everything I could find was how to do it in Ubuntu, with most of those being with a GUI.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Your root drive is 50GB. That is where all default file shares are located.

Best to remove some files from the shares to restore space. You can do this the same way you put them on the drive.

Are you using Greyhole? If so, the root drive is the Landing Zone. That might be too small for your system.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Are you using Greyhole?
No, I'm using something called mhddfs to join 4 drives, 3 3TB and one 4TB, into one big mass of memory. That's what the media & mediaA-mediaD drives are in
  • Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /mnt/mediaA-mediaD fuse.mhddfs 12T 5.5T 5.7T 50% /mnt/media
    /dev/sdb ext4 2.7T 2.6T 0 100% /mnt/mediaA
    /dev/sdc ext4 2.7T 2.6T 2.6G 100% /mnt/mediaB
    /dev/sdd ext4 3.6T 350G 3.1T 11% /mnt/mediaC
    /dev/sde ext4 2.7T 73M 2.6T 1% /mnt/mediaD
Is there a way to change where default file shares are located? Otherwise, half the storage on my NAS server is useless.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:19 pm

I'm using something called mhddfs to join 4 drives, 3 3TB and one 4TB, into one big mass of memory.
Greyhole does the same thing, pooling drives together as one. It also provides redundancy, which mhddfs does not.

Let's get this out of the way now. Sorry, but we cannot provide support for mhddfs so if you have issues, you are on your own. Not sure if you are aware, but there are cons for using mhddfs. See combining partitions into one in Linux using mhddfs for details.
Is there a way to change where default file shares are located?
You can relocate the shares to the NAS drives. Then change the path in the Dashboard for each.

See the storage and file sharing wiki page for a depiction of the location. You will need to change the location in the dashboard for each share.

Moving them is as simple as:

sudo mv /var/hda/files/sharename destination
Obviously substituting the sharename for the share and destination to the drive you want to move it to.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

athrunzgmfx19a

Postby athrunzgmfx19a » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Not sure if you are aware, but there are cons for using mhddfs.
I know, I learned about them before I installed it. I'm willing to give up redundancy for the extra space and I have a plan for redundancy once I have the hardware available. Even if I'm going solo for the mhddfs things, I am still very grateful for your help so far, Thank You.

Would the proper form for the command be, moving TV for example,

sudo mv /var/hda/files/TV /mnt/media
if /mnt/media is a drive? I always get confused when looking at a code template for the first time.
I'll admit, I thought I had already done this when I created everything, as I believe is shown in the attached pictures. Though if there is something I needed to do first, I didn't know at the time.
Attachments
tv.PNG
tv.PNG (12.79 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
movies.PNG
movies.PNG (13.2 KiB) Viewed 3281 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:11 pm

I'm willing to give up redundancy for the extra space and I have a plan for redundancy once I have the hardware available.
Using Greyhole will not cause you to use any additional space. The redundancy does not have to be used. As a matter of fact, you could have used LVM and achieved the same result.
Would the proper form for the command be, moving TV for example,

sudo mv /var/hda/files/TV /mnt/media
if /mnt/media is a drive?
Not quite. All share names would be lower case. The Upper or Title case is how Samba sees the files. For command line, you need to use the lower case variety.

I noticed in your screen shots that you set the path to /mnt/media/files/tv which is different that what the move command will achieve. It should be set to /mnt/media/tv based on the command. Also ownership permissions must be set to your first admin user:users for things to work correctly.

Based on your root drive being 50GB and full, the files must still be in the shares. Once you have moved everything, it's best to remove the /var/hda/files/sharename. Just as a precaution, I would recommend you do:

ls -al /var/hda/files/sharename
before removing the directory to ensure it's empty.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager