Creating a Folder that both Amahi and Plex can see

FstrThanYours

Creating a Folder that both Amahi and Plex can see

Postby FstrThanYours » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 am

I'm running Amahi on Fedora 23. Having issues creating a folder that can BOTH be seen by Plex Media Server AND Amahi/Finder so I can use as a library in Plex and also navigate to the folder in Finder on my Mac.

If i make a share folder in Amahi, the Mac sees it at /home and i can use Finder to add files. However, Plex does not see this folder.

If I use Fedora to create a folder, Plex can see it but Amahi/Finder does not so I can't add anything to it in Finder.

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Creating a Folder that both Amahi and Plex can see

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 pm

If i make a share folder in Amahi, the Mac sees it at /home and i can use Finder to add files. However, Plex does not see this folder.

If I use Fedora to create a folder, Plex can see it but Amahi/Finder does not so I can't add anything to it in Finder.
This sounds like a permissions issue.

Verify the ownership permissions of the folders and identify anything that is different between the two methods.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

FstrThanYours

Postby FstrThanYours » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 pm

sorry BigFoot- I'm obviously a newb...

Any chance you could post some step by step instructions on how I figure out what the permissions are set at?

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Try the following:
ls -al /var/hda/files
if that is where your directories are located.

You can also find help in the internet as well. The Plex Media Server web site has a lot of support info.

We typically don't provide support for the functionality/configuration of apps. There are so many apps and only 2 or 3 of us :)

This one in particular has continuously been a pain. Many users have issues with it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2