SOLVED: Updating Ampache webapp, is it possible?

nixel

SOLVED: Updating Ampache webapp, is it possible?

Postby nixel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:57 am

Hello,
there is a huge update to Ampache, 3.8.x I believe, but in Amahi app store there is still only 3.5.x.

Is it possible to update it? What's the correct approach?

I tried downloading the new version and extracting it's files into web-apps/ampache/html, replacing old ones.
When I opened ampache.hda - it opened with a new interface, but requested to run an update of database and something else.
I clicked update, but there's an error:

Cannot copy default .htaccess file. Please copy /var/hda/web-apps/ampache/html/rest/.htaccess.dist to /var/hda/web-apps/ampache/html/rest/.htaccess.
Cannot copy default .htaccess file. Please copy /var/hda/web-apps/ampache/html/channel/.htaccess.dist to /var/hda/web-apps/ampache/html/channel/.htaccess.

But I can't find .htaccess.dist in /var/hda/web-apps/ampache/html/rest/ folder to even do it manually.
Any ideas?

EDIT:

Stupid me, "Show hidden files" was turned off... Trying to rename those files manually and will report how it goes...

Thanks.

nixel

Re: Updating Ampache webapp, is it possible?

Postby nixel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Okay, just replacing files did not work, it opened, but was still using old images and css styles. I tried removing most all files from the html folder and uploaded new one.

Once i opened amphache.hda - it started the installation process in the browser. All checks are OK (had to give some permissions and changed max php upload size through .htaccess file), and then it asks for mysql username and password, and optionally path (localhost or not) and port.

Once again I could not find information about it in the wiki, only that the password is supposedly 'hda', but that was an old forum answer.

Any fresh information about these parameters?

nixel

Postby nixel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Don't mind me, just talking to myself here...

Defaults;
mySQL Username: root
mySQL Password: hda

And yes, the update process worked so far. I was able to open the updated Amphachi app.

Steps:
1. Delete everything from html folder of ampachi web app
2. Extract new version there
3. First give write persmissions to all files and folders in ampachi html folder, for the sake of making installation simpler
4. Open ampachi.your_hda_domain in browser, and follow the steps
5. Tell it root mysql username and password, make sure to check all checkboxes, including "create user" and this will be new ampachi-specific mysql user
6. Download config files and put them in appropriate folders, renaming them from htaaccess to .htaccess (jsut dot in the beginning)

tada. Some obvious steps skipped. Should work.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:23 pm

The appropriate step for updating an app is to submit a bug report. We can then update the app as time permits.

We'd appreciate if you want to post manual update procedures that you put details in the Amahi wiki. Best to keep the noise out of the forums. We'd also appreciate if all the steps were listed. Skipping some and being general about the process only causes others confusion.

Also if asking for help, please allow some time for a response. These forums are community driven and answers don't come as quick as some would like.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:00 pm

ampache App has been updated to the latest version for Amahi 9.

Marking thread as solved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2