Install Lame for Transcoding in Logitech Media Server

marmoset

Install Lame for Transcoding in Logitech Media Server

Postby marmoset » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:50 am

Hi there,

The list of firsts.
First post in this forum, first Amahi Server as of a few days, and first Linux OS machine.
The built this sever to run Logitech Media Server, as I have been using various computers over the last 5 years to run my Logitech Duet multi-room setup. Logitech is running smoothly, media library migrated, plugins installed and accessible.

The one thing that has me beat is installing lame for transcoding used mainly for those odd format radio streams, as library mp3s streaming fine. On previous PC machines I have just download the Lame files from Rarewares and copied to the program's server/bin folder.
How do I do this with my Amahi/Fedora machine?
Logitech Wiki not very informative. http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/L ... ranscoding

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Install Lame for Transcoding in Logitech Media Server

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:22 pm

On previous PC machines I have just download the Lame files from Rarewares and copied to the program's server/bin folder. How do I do this with my Amahi/Fedora machine?
The package is available by installing the rpm-fusion-free App. This will add a repo of packages that include lame.
You will then need to install it as root user:

Code: Select all

dnf install lame
Using it is a different story. You will need to find assistance on the internet for that piece.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2