SOLVED: Amahi 8 Plex Not Fetching Poster Art or Meta Data

flickeringsight

SOLVED: Amahi 8 Plex Not Fetching Poster Art or Meta Data

Postby flickeringsight » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I installed Plex on my Amahi 8/Fedora 21 system about a week ago. Greyhole is managing the Movie and TV directories and I have local share mounts setup at /mnt/samba/*.

Plex setup went smoothly and it's serving files like a champ. However, it's not automatically pulling poster artwork or meta data for anything, although I can manually add artwork and meta data via the web interface (not an ideal solution).

My file organization and naming is clean, per Plex guidelines. I've tried numerous Agent configurations, library refreshes, etc. without luck. I've also given it a couple days to pull down the data but it's just not happening.

Any suggestions?
HDA: 2.6GHz Dual Core, Gigabyte MB, 2GB RAM, Blu-Ray, 320GB+1.0TB+2.0TB+4.0TB, Amahi 8

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi 8 Plex Not Fetching Poster Art or Meta Data

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Since this is something specific to the app, recommend you check their support site for a solution.

We have not had any reports of issues by the community, so it might be isolated to your machine.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

flickeringsight

Re: Amahi 8 Plex Not Fetching Poster Art or Meta Data (FIXED)

Postby flickeringsight » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:06 pm

OK, I found a solution. In the Server:Agents settings 'Local Media Assets' must be turned OFF for all agents. Despite which order the agents are placed, if local assets is on it won't pull any metadata from online, contrary to how it's supposed to behave.

This may cause an issue if I want to use some local content, like extras.
HDA: 2.6GHz Dual Core, Gigabyte MB, 2GB RAM, Blu-Ray, 320GB+1.0TB+2.0TB+4.0TB, Amahi 8

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi 8 Plex Not Fetching Poster Art or Meta Data

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Glad to hear you found the solution.

Would you mind adding something to the Plex Media Server wiki page? This will be helpful to others in the community.

BTW, the wiki is our repository of tutorials and HDA resources that provide answers to such questions to users.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2