CLOSED: Having issues reinstalling plex via the manual route

br0wnserver

CLOSED: Having issues reinstalling plex via the manual route

Postby br0wnserver » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 pm

I recently had plex 9.11 installed via plex for ahami, but due to the time between updates for the specialized stack for amahi and the fact that I don't even use amahi for any plex features, I decided I wanted to go the self install manual route shown in the Wiki. I uninstalled amahi-plex using through the amahi dashboard, double checked the removal through the yum installed list, and yum remove amahi-plex*.

After removing, I downloaded the latest build to my downloads folder, ran (as root) yum install plex*, and everything installs correctly. I use systemctl enable plexmediaserver.service, then systemctl start plexmedia server, and neither return an error. I try systemctl status plex media server, and at first I get on the 'Active' line, failed (result: auto-restart), and after it tries again, it gets a failed (result: start-limit). It seems to have an error with process 15257 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Server (code=exited, status=255) and then it has Process: 15255 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS).

Would like to get plex up and running again, preferably with my settings still in place. Thanks for any help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Having issues reinstalling plex via the manual route

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Sorry I cannot be much help here as we don't provide support for manual installation of the app. This was added by a user in the Amahi community. Maybe that person will jump in to assist.

It's best if you seek assistance from the Plex Media Server forums.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

br0wnserver

Postby br0wnserver » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 am

I ended up getting it to re-install by both disabling amahi-plex from the updates and completely removing the /var/lib/plexmediaserver folder. That removed all the settings, but I was able to reinstall without any issues, and then I was able to copy the preferences file, and plug-ins folder from the previous install without issues, which restored at least the server settings (name, scrapper settings, etc.) and brought the plug-ins that I had back to the main page. I don't use plugins often, so I haven't tested if they work again, but I would suspect they work without any of the settings from previously.

tl;dr: The only way I was able to install completely manually was to delete the old preferences folder, and disable amahi-plex from updating.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 am

Glad to hear you have it sorted out.

Closing this thread.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2