VOD Server?

lorsungcu

VOD Server?

Postby lorsungcu » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Anyone have any suggestions for integrating a VOD server? seems like it should be simple enough (and i admit, i havent googled at all), but was wondering if someone has a solution that works with hda, as it would be slick to have it be a managed app.

Thanks!

lorsungcu

Re: VOD Server?

Postby lorsungcu » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 pm

after 30 seconds on google, i think jinzora will do nicely. i'll go install and report back asap.

http://en.jinzora.com/

merry christmas.

lorsungcu

Postby lorsungcu » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:26 am

jinzora works beautifully almost out of the box. am streaming 720p video all over the place as we speak. really works well with everything, and setup was awfully simple. just use standard web-app installation method and it all goes together smoothly. only wish it was tied more directly to the hda; it would be nice to have separate video/music cataloging and a more standard interface. real easy to work with as it is, and it'll only get better.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:08 am

cool to hear you got it working nicely and fast!

so, we have tags attached to shares, and the idea is to later be able to customize apps to the HDA by the community so that, as you say, it's more integrated.

this is coming :)
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

gottaloveit

Postby gottaloveit » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 pm

does jinzora support upnp? for those media extender devices? mediatomb is simple simple, does transcoding on the fly, works great, i have a d-link 520 hd media extender box and mediatomb feeds it awesome for my vids and pics.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:44 am

we should support the two of them!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

oilytin

Postby oilytin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am

How about Twonkyvision I've been using it for a long time on my NSLU and I think it is excellent, I would've liked to try mediatomb but could never get my head round the install :?

arrrghhh

Postby arrrghhh » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:07 pm

mediatomb is nice, works well but not NEARLY as well as ps3media. that one has been suggested before by someone else in a different thread, and i've rambled about how awesome it is in another thread alltogether. twonky is not free. as far as free free software, ps3media is the BEST hands down. transcodes without ANY setup, and you can choose when and which ones you want to transcode. MUCH easier than mediatomb. there's really no setup at all, just meet the dependencies (not bad at all), either run it with a gui or ssh'd with X forwarded and you'll be greeted with a nice GUI to configure it. otherwise, configure with the PMS.conf file, run it on a headless box like i do and it's automatically run as a console-only app. works beautifully!