SOLVED: Plex (click-once) - server permissions problem

leefl

SOLVED: Plex (click-once) - server permissions problem

Postby leefl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:03 am

I'm a new Amahi user, but I have my Amahi (7.1) server setup and running ok, and am able to access everything as expected.
I purchased the Plex click-once install (being lazy rather than going through any manual install)
I installed the click-once app, and created a Plex account on the main Plex website.

However, when I try to access plexms.<mylocaldomain> I'm unable to see any content, and I see text on the left-side of the webpage stating:
"You do not have permission to access this server".

As far as I understand there's not supposed to be any necessary manual user setup with the Plex one-click install under Amahi 7.1.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Plex (click-once) - server permissions problem

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 am

How are you accessing Plex, the dashboard URL?

The app is mostly configured, but there is some manual configuration needed. You may need to point it to the correct media folder. We per-configure as much as possible, but some settings may need updated such as the feed, etc.

EDIT: BTW the fee goes towards keeping Amahi mostly free for the community. There are some who donate as well, but apps are the most consistent line of revenue. Without this income, Amahi would most likely cease to exist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

darthvaderson

Postby darthvaderson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:06 am

Hi there all. I am experiencing the same issues. I paid for the app and when I click it from my hda, it says that I do not have permission to access this server. Bigfoot says that there is some manual installation that needs to be done, what is it please????????? I am keen to get this sorted asap. Thanks for any help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:37 am

The manual configuration I mentioned is when you log into the app itself. Typically users have to set personal settings and sometimes the path where their media files are located.

Please provide a screen shot of what you are seeing so I can try to help.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

darthvaderson

Postby darthvaderson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:02 am

Got it sorted by going in via the localhda:32400/web!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: SOLVED: Plex (click-once) - server permissions problem

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:35 am

Unfortunately sometimes the proxy does not work correctly and this is the alternative. The wiki article Dashboard link workaround outlines a few options.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager