DLNA issue\sort order of mp3 files

breli

DLNA issue\sort order of mp3 files

Postby breli » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 am

Hi,

I have a little problem resp. issue with my Amahi\DLNA installation.

I have several music albums on my server. I use various devices to access the media files (laptops, TV, receiver and so on). Accessing and playing is fine and no prob at all. My problem is the order in which media files are shown and streamed. dlna seems to always sort them alphabetically which is really annoying.

- albums are stored in a folder (one folder per album)
- files are typically named "xy - NAME OF TRACK" where xy is the track number
- MP3 Tags are properly filled

However, DLNA always displays these files in alphabetical order based on the track name in the MP3Tags and ignoring both file name and track number in MP3Tag. This is especially annoying for albums that rely on correct playing sequence (like those "bob the builder" radio plays my kids love to hear LOL :) ...

Is there any way to change this behaviour? If not, I'd really like to have an option like "enforce sorting by filename"

Ich did some searching on the internet and in this forum. However, I couldn't find any solution for this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Breli

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: DLNA issue\sort order of mp3 files

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:07 pm

I don't believe you will find a simple solution. DLNA does not have any sorting options, so it's alphabetical.

I did some checking on the internet and found this article that might be helpful.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

breli

Re: DLNA issue\sort order of mp3 files

Postby breli » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:26 am

Hi Bigfoot,

Thats what I feared. So I've to tinker with the tags\filenames in order to figure that one out ...

Thanks anyway!

Cheers

Breli