SOLVED: Trailers still not available for plex?

br0wnserver

SOLVED: Trailers still not available for plex?

Postby br0wnserver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 pm

I've been waiting patiently for the amahi stack for plex to update, and it finally did (about 10 days ago apparently). I uninstalled the installed version (9.9) and reinstalled to the newest version (9.11) and was excited to try and get trailers to load up (they weren't supported in the older amahi stack) but unfortunately I couldn't find them or the other extra features on the Amazon fireTV client.

Am I just missing something in the fireTV settings or are those features still not supported on the amahi stack. I see on the wiki that you can upgrade manually to the latest version, but it also explicitly says that there are issues with Fedora Core 19 and Amahi 7, and I am using that combination.

Can anyone shed some light/help me out? Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Trailers still not available for plex?

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Is it possible that they need to be enabled in the Plex settings? I know that is the case with other software.

Is this something supported for Amazon FireTV client? I would check the Plex web site and/or Amazon to see if there is something helpful there.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

br0wnserver

Postby br0wnserver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 pm

It is possible that I am overlooking a setting, but I have set the client side to play 3 trailers, as well as all the videos of working setups have an actual button with the "extras" feature that has the behind the scenes stuff. I remember reading into this about a month ago and remember it wasn't server side supported due to the older version of the stack.

Does anyone have them working and could shed some light? I have gone to the plex dashboard and changed all the settings I can find to play trailers as well, but that seems to just be for the player in the dash.

It is a plexpass feature, but I have payed for plexpass, so I would assume it to work when logged it. Would that be the issue, that the stack doesn't support plexpass features?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Ah, yes that is probably the issue. Amahi Plex does not support PlexPass if I recall correctly.

In the past users had to uninstall amahi-plex and install PlexPass version. There is guidance in the wiki for excluding amahi-plex from updating the PlexPass version as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

br0wnserver

Postby br0wnserver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Ok, so I actually figured it out so I wanted to post for reference to anyone looking.

The plexpass features do work (or at least appear to... have only tried one trailer that is listed as a plexpass only feature), but in order to get the trailers/extras to load you need to force refresh your library. I was able to load trailers for individual movies, and new movies that were added since the update by clicking the refresh, but under the movies library tab, you can click the settings folder and click force refresh, and it will go grab all available extras. After that they load up like normal.

Thanks for the help bigfoot.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Good to know. Would you mind adding this to the Plex Amahi wiki page? We would greatly appreciate it.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager