Mono and Media Browser 3

smitopher

Mono and Media Browser 3

Postby smitopher » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm looking to implement Media Browser 3.

Media Browser 3 is a Mono application which I want to run as a service. Trouble is that on Fedora 19, the version of mono is too old (2.x something, I thought Fedora was "bleeding edge") and the only pre-built Mono 3.4 repository that I found installs mono in opt, not usr/local. In order to run a mono application, I need to execute a provided script first. I want the Amahi server to be a very lean install so I don't want to install all of the prerequisites to compile mono on my Amahi server. I've tried to create a mono RPM from the mono 3.4 tarball but my Linux skills are not yet developed enough.

from a command line, I can execute the script and start Media Browser as a daemon using mono-service

What is the best way to ensure the script is run and Media Browser is started as a daemon when the server boots?

Also any pointers on how to create a systemd config to run Media Browser as a service would be welcomed too.

TIA

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Mono and Media Browser 3

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:21 pm

You can find an updated version of mono for Fedora 19 here.
http://pn1.3m.sl.pt

Also, as far as executing a script on start up, this is one way to do it:
As root user, do the following:

Code: Select all

crontab -e @reboot /path-to-script/script-name
Save the changes and when you reboot, the script will run automatically.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2