Amahi DLNA discovery not working

aamer

Amahi DLNA discovery not working

Postby aamer » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 am

I purchased the app and installed it but the DLNA server is not showing up on dlNA clients (multiple clients). Other DLNA servers on the network show up with all clients. I've verified that the DLNA server on the Amahi machine is running by checking on the service status. The amahi webpage on port 8200 shows up when accessed by ip address in a browser. i am not using amahi dhcp server for various reasons and i do not have my router pointed to the amahi machine for dns either.

i also attempted to change the presentation url in the amahi dlna config file from http://hda:8200 to http://192.168.1.151:8200 where 192.168.1.151 is the static ip address of the machine running amahi. Still no luck.

This could have something to do with my not using amahi for dhcp and dns but in theory that just does not make sense. i've used minidlna on ubuntu before and that does not require any change to dhcp and dns on the network.

any help is appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi DLNA discovery not working

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

The DNS may be the problem. Is there a reason why you don't want to use the HDA for DNS. It will work just as good as your router DNS and maybe better.

I presume once you made changes to the DLNA config file, you restarted the service. Not sure why it won't work with the IP address, but I am sure we can figure it out.

Amahi treats apps differently than most server distros. It uses virtual hosts, so apps are not the typical IP adress/app as you have problably experienced. This may be why you are having difficulty with DLNA.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2