Jinzora and PDA's

btetlow

Jinzora and PDA's

Postby btetlow » Thu May 28, 2009 5:53 am

Hi All,

Happy to report I have installed Amahi successfully and to date all the problems I have had have been user issues :-)

This one has stumped me though.

I have an HP IPAQ which I am trying to connect to Jinzora to listen to music. My IPAQ is connected to my home network via a WiFi connection and seems to be working fine. I can browse to HTTP://HDA and get the Dasboard. The problem comes when I try to connect to Jinzora. It rejects every attempt I make to log on with "Incorrect Password"

I have tried to log on as admin (fail) I created a user call IPAQ (failed). I even turned on self registration, regsitered from the PDA (successfully) but still couldn't log on.

In desperation I tried to see if I could log onto Ampache (no problem, apart from the fact it is almost unreadable on a PDA screen).

I can log on from my Ubuntu Laptop with no issues. I just can't understand by a web based log on would care about my PDA?

The only two differences I can see is that the IPAQ is running Windows Mobile, and that it is a wireless connection.

The only thing I have been able to find on the Jinzora web site is "Enjoy your media from your PC, notebook, PDA, Smart Phone, Xbox, PS3 or Wii. " which makes me think it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm going to connect to the network from my Ubuntu laptop via WiFi to rule out that issue, but can anyone help?

EDIT: Can connect via laptop over WiFi with no problem, so its just the OS that is different.

EDIT 2: I think it might just be a problem with the version of IE that is running on my PDA. It may not support the login method that Jinzora uses. Hmmm...I wonder if Firefox will run on my PDA

pjcrux

Re: Jinzora and PDA's

Postby pjcrux » Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Community Advocate
HP Proliant Micro Server N40L, AMD Turion II Neo x2 1.5GHz;
8GB ECC-DDR3; 250GB for OS, 3x1TB.

"Experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions"
-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

btetlow

Postby btetlow » Fri May 29, 2009 6:08 am

Peter,

Thanks for that! Opera was able to connect and log onto the Jinzora service...but in a nice twist of irony, my PDA doesn't have enough memory to run Opera and receive a stream.

Sigh....

At least now I know what the problem was....though I am no closer to a solution.

I'm going to give Iris (http://www.torchmobile.com/products/iris.html) and Skyfire (http://www.skyfire.com/) a go.

rampage355

Postby rampage355 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 am

There is also bolt browser http://boltbrowser.com/, works good on the blackberry.

btetlow

Postby btetlow » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:05 am

Skyfire and Iris were failures.

Bolt says it needs Windows Mobile 6, my PDA is running 5. Might have to see if microsoft have an updated version of IE for my PDA.

Thanks anyway guys