Jinzora One Click - No Media Showing

cpg
Administrator

Re: Jinzora One Click - No Media Showing

Postby cpg » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:14 pm

If you tried adding your music and had the problem then you should uninstall Jinzora to clear the database.

Then, simply edit the file and

Code: Select all

service httpd restart
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bman289

Postby bman289 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Best of luck to all others with same problem. I uninstalled/reinstalled Jinzora; edited the php ini file to 300/300/32 and saved (I didn't have any ini files in the Apache directories as the guy on the Jinzora forum mentioned); went to Linux command line and restarted service with "service httpd restart". After logging in to Jinzora I still get a blank white screen to the right of the "admin" area on the left. After 3 separate installs, etc, I don't have any more time to devote to it and will continue to just pull files into Windows Media Player when I'm on a remote system. Jinzora is evidently very cool when it's configured correctly but the time required is a deal-breaker for me. If anyone finds the problem please post up as it seems to be an issue for multiple users.

Thanks to all who gave input!!

gmw

Postby gmw » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm

I feel the frustration .. :?

On Tuesday we will be releasing Ampache ...
Hopefully you will have better luck with Ampache (I find it is a little more intelligent - but that's my opinion)

dba61

Postby dba61 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:28 am

I think I might have the same problem or the same problem plus. After initial install I had the horizontal bars on the right with the alphabet, so far so good. I followed the instructions for pointing to the raid where my music is located. After doing a rescan and verifying that the music had been read none of the music was displaying. After clicking ALL on the right side of the screen hoping to display the CDs the screen went blank on the right side. Currently the only thing visible is the rectanluar control box on the left. Has anyone figured out the solution?

dba61

Postby dba61 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:06 pm

After re-installing Jinzora I did the following which did the trick:

1) After starting Jinzora rescan your media and exit the program.
2) With Webmin or another application that can edit your PHP files reset the time out from 60 to something higher, I set mine to 300 seconds.[/b]

So far everything seems to be working ok.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:13 pm

oh yeah, i almost forgot.

since jinzora is proving to give so many errors, we have another, more properly packaged, version of jinzora available for testing.

however, only one person can test it at a time until it goes to beta, because it's a replacement of the current jinzora, updated to 2.8.

if you are interested in testing it, come by the irc channel and we can hack on it.

incidentally, setting up a longer timeout as you suggested is something that can well be done in the installer for the app and we should do it!

what is the actual sql command to increase it?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

lou1z

Postby lou1z » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:24 am

had the same problem. however, just looked at ampache and i'm a convert!

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 am

someone more familiar with the jinzora community should tell them.

they will like to fix things probably.

cbumd

Postby cbumd » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:14 pm

jinzora is looking for a specific folder structure, that is why it is not displaying correctly. My library is not well organized, Anyone know how to get around that requirement? Some settings that could be edited ? A way to force Tag Data import?

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm

nope. however, there is ampache and there is this new Tin Can Jukebox (in beta) that looks good.