miniDLNA not indexing all my videos

BigMcLargeHuge

miniDLNA not indexing all my videos

Postby BigMcLargeHuge » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:09 am

Hi,

I am having a problem getting all of my videos to be indexed by the miniDLNA app (as opposed to uShare). The problem is that no matter what I do, seemingly no more than 105 movie files are being shown on my PS3. I have tried a full rescan of my videos by deleting the files.db file in the /tmp/minidlna folder, and restarting the DLNA server. There are no errors in the log file, although there is one thing I noticed. The log file has an entry saying that it has finished scanning my music folder, but there is no entry saying that it finished scanning my movies folder. It only says that the DLNA server has started scanning my movies folder.

At first I thought that it might be a problem with my PS3; maybe the PS3 can only show a certain amount of video files at once. But I then moved a video file from my movies folder to another folder, and restarted the DLNA server. If it was a problem with the PS3 having an upper limit to the number of files it can display, then a new movie would have shown up. Instead, no new movie was displayed, but the removed movie was gone from the listing.

I would like to see what files are indexed in the files.db database, but I don't know how to run SQL queries on Linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated!