MY HDA Project: Automatic Disc Detection, Ripping & Encoding

steven

Re: MY HDA Project: Automatic Disc Detection, Ripping & Enco

Postby steven » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 am

After muddling around in the script for a while, I finally figured out what was broken with Qencode. Yes, I realize it's 2 years old.

As per the following change in HandBrakeCLI, the -L option was replaced with --main-feature, making Qencode fail. I've attached the updated script and now everything appears to be working as expected (remove the .txt extension before use).

Change: https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/3268

I hope this helps someone out there!
Attachments
Qencode.txt
Updated Qencode script
(18.12 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Last edited by steven on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

steven

Postby steven » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:23 am

Quick question: When you insert a media disk, does it automatically start ripping or does it wait for the user to click 'OK'?
The way it's coded and the way flickeringsight puts it in their post, a dialog is displayed for 15 seconds allowing the user to cancel the rip, and if no action is taken, it automatically starts ripping.

Another thing to mention: if you don't have X installed on your HDA, the detectdisc script will error out on the Zenity call, so you need to comment it out (no need for the call anyway if you're running the box headless).

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Is this something we should add to the wiki? If so, we would appreciate it if you could add it. We are trying to use that as our primary source of documentation when ever possible.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

steven

Postby steven » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Is this something we should add to the wiki? If so, we would appreciate it if you could add it. We are trying to use that as our primary source of documentation when ever possible.
Yeah, I was just thinking about transferring it over there. I'm having issues with udev at the moment (systemctl isn't working and is erroring out with "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket /org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused"), and since F14 is so old I'm thinking of biting the bullet and moving over to Ubuntu (which I prefer over Fedora anyway).

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Yea that might be a good idea, or at least try a Ubuntu VM and see how things work.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

sanfelix

Postby sanfelix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am

wow. amazing feature. i'm will test when it's packaged and ready to use :)