Amahi DLNA media locations

temcneil

Amahi DLNA media locations

Postby temcneil » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I can't seem to be able to change the locations of my media shares with DLNA. I edited the amahi.conf file in /var/hda/apps/dlna/ to reflect my share which sits on an external drive (used the script found on the wiki that adds the external as a drive location within the hda folder).

The location of the drive is:
/var/hda/files/drives/sdc1/MediaPortal/Media/Movies

so the media area of the amahi.conf now reads:
# set this to the directory you want scanned.
# * if have multiple directories, you can have multiple media_dir= lines
# * if you want to restrict a media_dir to a specific content type, you
# can prepend the type, followed by a comma, to the directory:
# + "A" for audio (eg. media_dir=A,/home/jmaggard/Music)
# + "V" for video (eg. media_dir=V,/home/jmaggard/Videos)
# + "P" for images (eg. media_dir=P,/home/jmaggard/Pictures)
media_dir=A,/var/hda/files/music
media_dir=V,/var/hda/files/drives/sdc1/MediaPortal/Media/Movies
media_dir=P,/var/hda/files/pictures

I restarted both the DLNA server within the control panel as well as rebooted the box in hopes that it would read the new location, but it keeps on going back to the default of /var/hda/files/movies (I have a test file in there)

The only other setting that I changed is friendly name and that does change both on my PS3 and WMP11.

Not sure if I am missing anything. Is there a database or cache that needs to be cleared.

Thanks for any help. Very much the newbie here.

Cotson

Re: Amahi DLNA media locations

Postby Cotson » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm

I think it was mentioned in the thread about DLNA, Mindterm etc. releases that you need to uncomment the "db_dir=/var/cache/minidlna" setting.

However when i did this myself my PS3 can see all the music, about 1/5 of video files and none of the pictures. I've tried stopping and restarting the server but it doesn't help.

stueyboy

Postby stueyboy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 am

Try going in to /tmp/minidlna and deleting the files.db file then restart the server and wait. If you have a lot of files, it will take a while to find them all. Worked for me.

Cotson

Postby Cotson » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:39 am

That didn't work for me. It starts scanning again but creates the same 18mb .db file.

In the minidlna.log file i can see that it scans through the .mp3 files with some minor album-art errors, then starts scanning my /Video folder but just hangs there indefinitely.