Jinzora Metadata Retrieval

sanchehl

Jinzora Metadata Retrieval

Postby sanchehl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am

Has anyone been able to successfully pull metadata from the internet into jinzora? I haven't had any luck making this work on Amahi. Not sure if it is a linux issue or jinzora config issue? This is the only part of jinzora that I cannot get working on Amahi. I dont' believe it's a problem with the one-click install because i have performed a manual install of 2.7.5. and still have the same problem. Jinzora 2.8 had too many bugs in it for me so i downgraded it. I had been using Jinzora 2.7.5 on Windows with xampp with no problems, everything working. Doesn't matter what service i pick for metadata, it always comes back with nothing.
If i put the jpg and txt file containing the data i want in the album folder, it reads that info fine. I also noticed when i performed the install that importing the files was really quick, it should take at least a few minutes to pull info for 20+ gbs of music. I've tried retagging the mp3 files and resetting permissions/ownerships. i installed the custom Metadata Retrieval service (that comes installed with 2.8).

Unfortunately, the jinzora forums have been down for quite some time now :(
I am not well versed on linux, i'm a windows person so i'm not really sure what else to try.
if anyone else has any ides or pointers please let me know.
thanks.

sanchehl

Re: Jinzora Metadata Retrieval

Postby sanchehl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Ok, found my own answer to why the Metadata Retrieval doesn't work anymore.
Apparently, the custom add-on, in jinzora 2.8 it's called Webmosher, relies on Amazon to pull it's data from. According to the author of the add-on, Amazon changed their API a while back and that is why it doesn't work anymore.

The author hasn't had any time to go back and fix/re-write this add-on and apparently no one at Jinzora has taken over the add-on to fix it.

I'm not a programmer so i doubt i can fix it, Jinzora forums are still down so i don't have much hope there either.