Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Cube for Plex?

austin90

Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Cube for Plex?

Postby austin90 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:32 am

Hey everyone!

Lately, I've been wanting to get an Amazon TV device for my living room setup, which I plan to use to stream from my Plex server, among other things. The reason I wanted an Amazon device was so it could integrate with my Alexa and form sort of an ecosystem in my house.

Anyway, I've been caught between getting the Amazon Fire Stick or the TV Cube. I have looked into buyer's guides and comparisons like this one, but I would love to hear from someone who has actually used either of these in the past.

From what I see, the Stick can do just about everything the Cube can minus the voice control, but at a fairly cheaper price. So I'm currently leaning towards that, but I'd still love to hear everyone's recommendations.

TIA!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Cube for Plex?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:27 pm

I have used the Amazon Fire Stick and Roku Express. I do say I prefer the ROku Express. It works seamlessly with my TVs and cable TV provider.

WIth Roku Express, there is an app for my Cable provider so I don't need a cable box. I feel the Amazon Fire Stick is too limiting and I get more with Roku Express.

Hope that helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2