Installed, but can not use.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Installed, but can not use.

Postby cpg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:37 pm

there is a way to do a "partial reinstall" as you guys put it:

Code: Select all

hda-install -n -f YOUR_INSTALL_CODE
here is the syntax to "partially reinstall" parts of the stuff ...
note that should should avoid doing this, as it's not well tested.

Code: Select all

[11:19:47](1)hda:~$ hda-install -h usage: hda-install [options] YOUR_INSTALL_CODE options: -f: force -r: exclude ruby install -h: reconfigure httpd -v: reconfigure vpn -s: reconfigure samba -d: reconfigure db -w: reconfigure wiki -n: reconfigure network settings -m: reconfigure monit -o: disable SELinux and firewall (does not need install code) -D: debug output -V: version [11:19:48](1)hda:~$

question: did you guys upgrade F9 after install?

maybe that is what's going on ...
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

duwady

Postby duwady » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:47 pm

You are a life saver, buddy!!!!!! Well, I guess I got a project for my time at home. Just curious!! Are we "partially re-installing" AMAHI portion or Fedora also?
question: did you guys upgrade F9 after install? maybe that is what's going on ...
HUH? Doesn't it ask you, or make you update? I remember waiting for it to download 900 plus things, and updating... Oh well, learning something new again :)
Adding my 2 cents
Duwady

shu

Postby shu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 am

I having this exact issue.

DHCPD is not running everything is correct in the dchpd.config my router is turned off but I cant get dchpd to start. Im going to try some solutions in this thread tonight

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 pm

You are a life saver, buddy!!!!!! Well, I guess I got a project for my time at home. Just curious!! Are we "partially re-installing" AMAHI portion or Fedora also?
no, it does not. only the amahi settings.
question: did you guys upgrade F9 after install? maybe that is what's going on ...
HUH? Doesn't it ask you, or make you update? I remember waiting for it to download 900 plus things, and updating... Oh well, learning something new again :)
you have the option to skip them. there are people who like stability and people who like "bleeding edge."

i like long periods of stability with an eventual period of bleeding edge with quick fixes :D

(yes, i like to to have my cake and eat it too :) )
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1