Administrator login?

radioz

Administrator login?

Postby radioz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 pm

I've just got my installation running (yay!) and am running into some confusion on setup and use of my HDA.

Is EVERYONE an administrator? It seems like any user is allowed to add/remove users and shares? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I was expecting an administration login prompt or something.

It's too bad that there is no user manual. I could sure use some examples of how to setup and use my HDA.

How do I actually use the Apps? If I fire up Gallery2 for example, it brings up an empty gallery page. How do I add images to the gallery? Similar behavior with the other apps I've tried so far: an app page with no contents and no obvious way to add contents.

I'm pretty excited about Amahi and hope to figure out how to use more of its features.

Thanks,
radioz

bsk

Re: Administrator login?

Postby bsk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:26 pm

There is currently no admin login for the HDA dashboard, but that is being worked on as we type :).

As to the apps, on how to use them you can search online or find information in the special instructions after the app is installed. Just click Applications -> Installed (subtab) and click on the app in questions and you will see special instructions right above the application link. These special instructions will show you the default admin login and password and other things.

We do not supply user manuals for apps, as those are available from the application developer themselves, so those you will have to search for. We do need a link system to these developers websites, where should we put this?

As to the user manual for Amahi, there is one :) http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=485
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

What brandon says is correct.

in the mean time, you can protect the pages with this:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Passwor ... etup_pages

and also, please keep in mind that the manual is fairly out of date...
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

radioz

Postby radioz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks, guys. I figured out how to add items to a gallery (as admin).

I think I'm having trouble with users/permissions. Each app (that I've tried so far) seems to require a login. They don't seem to accept the usernames/passwords I created in HDA. What's up with that? Have I done something wrong?
As to the user manual for Amahi, there is one :) http://forums.amahi.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=485
Yes, I saw what was there. Not very helpful to a new user.
It would be nice to have a real new-user manual.

regards,
radioz

bsk

Postby bsk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:13 pm

As of right now, each application is configured with a user/pw that is created upon install.

We are working (or will be working) on a way to automatically implement users that are currently created with apps and the way to add those users to those apps when created after. Or atleast thats the way I see it going, not for sure on that though.

You havent done anything wrong though.

As to the user manual, I agree. I would, but I am no good at things like that. :(
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

Hello,

The amahi users are currently separate from application users. So, each app that requires login will need users created via the admin login. This info is typically found in special instructions after you complete the app install.

As for manuals for applications, you can go to the app web site via amahi.org or from the app section in the hda. All applications that have a manual available typically host it on their web site.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Hope this answers your questions.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2