Crashed before I have started

vivphoto

Crashed before I have started

Postby vivphoto » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:29 am

Boy I feel a complete idiot, but here goes, I setup the gateway details(or rather the website did it for me when I logged in) and have just realised that they are for my old router which I have not deleted from my system yet, so firstly I assume I can change these before attempting a download? I also am using my main pc which is running Vista Ultimate 64 bit, so should I actually set up on the machine the server prog is to be installed on and download it to that on?
Sorry probably seems these are daft questions, but I am a bit lost at the moment.
Many thanks in advance.
Craig

bsk

Re: Crashed before I have started

Postby bsk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:40 pm

What you need to do is, delete the profile you created at amahi.org and create a new one with the correct information.

I have (just now actually) created a wiki page that shows you how to obtain your default gateway IP. This is a very critical key for your network, as its a make or brake deal.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Find_Your_Gateway_IP

Follow the instructions on that page and, with the output, make a new profile at amahi.org with the correct information.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

vivphoto

Postby vivphoto » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:37 am

Thank you so much. I will have another go.
Again Thanks
Craig

bsk

Postby bsk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 am

No problem, post here again and let me know how it goes for you or if this is another issue.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

vivphoto

Postby vivphoto » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 am

Changed the profile no problem thanks, now have another problem. I have downloaded a torrent from the list,Fedora 10 ppv, and ripped the iso to a dvd, but it will not boot, I have tried other discs eg windows etc and they have all booted ok, its as if the disc is not recognised, is it possible I have downloaded and incorrect copy, if so can you suggest a download link?
Tahnks again.
Craig

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am

...I have downloaded a torrent from the list,Fedora 10 ppv...
Do you mean PPC? If so, download the iso listed below.

http://mirror.facebook.net/fedora/linux ... pc-DVD.iso

Or

http://fedora.osuosl.org/linux/releases ... pc-DVD.iso

vivphoto

Postby vivphoto » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Thank you again, I will give it a try.
Craig