CLOSED: New Installation

cuulblu

CLOSED: New Installation

Postby cuulblu » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi, I installed Amahi.

Initially after the server installed and I rebooted I could not connect to any webpage ending in anything other than .com. I could not connect to the server using http://hda/ or the HDA IP I was given when setting up my account. To regain full Internet access I had to turn off the server and reset the router. The server did install and tell me to reboot.

When instructed to input the following commands:

rpm -Uvh http://f27.amahi.org/noarch/hda-release ... noarch.rpm
dnf -y install hda-ctl
hda-install -i YOUR-INSTALL-CODE

There was a lot of info scrolling down the screen after each command. I missed the display of the IP address. When the server starts up it is in command prompt. When inputting ifconfig, it returns with: "command not found." Caps were not on. I tried several times paying close attention to my typing. It was entered correctly.

Going to http://hda/ brings up this page https://i.imgur.com/VgsZkVA.png
When I enter the name and password that I set as login to the server I get an, "Unable to connect" error message. I am able to login to the server so I know what the login ifno is. If I attempt to set a new password I get the same Unable to connect message.

So, what am I doing wrong?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New Installation

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:55 am

When the server starts up it is in command prompt. When inputting ifconfig, it returns with: "command not found." Caps were not on. I tried several times paying close attention to my typing. It was entered correctly.
That command is not installed. You can use ip address. The IP Address will be the one you chose when you created your HDA profile.
When I enter the name and password that I set as login to the server I get an, "Unable to connect" error message. I am able to login to the server so I know what the login ifno is. If I attempt to set a new password I get the same Unable to connect message.
Did you enter the password twice as requested by the login screen? This user name and password is the one you setup during the Fedora 27 installation unless you used the Express DVD which we discourage.

Please let me know if this helped.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cuulblu

Postby cuulblu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:50 pm

The command ip address did return the ip I was assigned.

I can not access the page using the ip address. I get an, unable to connect messaged. I tried rebooting my router with the server on. Still no luck accessing the admin page for the server.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Did you follow the transitioning to Amahi guidance?

Also, which install method did you use? Your earlier screenshot showed you had access to the dashboard. Is that still not the case?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cuulblu

Postby cuulblu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:35 pm

I got the log in page once and was not able to log in. But have not been able to get to the log in page since then.

I used the minimal CD install method. I put the ISO on a USB drive using Rufus.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:52 pm

Ok that helps.

Can you SSH into the server? Seems like a step might have been missed somewhere in the install process.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

cuulblu

Postby cuulblu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:42 pm

I had to look up SSH. I would need a good step by step guide to accomplish it.

Would it be easier to reinstall? Are there any special steps to over writing the current OS?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:51 am

You were using terminal when you installed Amahi.

Was that with a system that had a monitor?

Reinstall might be best since you have not gotten far. I would recommend you follow the guidance precisely for the best success.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

cuulblu

Postby cuulblu » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:16 pm

I followed the guidance as precisely as possible given what was on screen deviated from the guidance.

I may go with truenas as the install for that seems much more automated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm

I followed the guidance as precisely as possible given what was on screen deviated from the guidance.
Can you elaborate on what specifically deviated from the guidance?

Also, understand if you want to try something else. We hope you will give Amahi another try.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager