CLOSED: New Installation

cuulblu

Re: New Installation

Postby cuulblu » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 pm

As seen in the image it says: type these three separate commands (one per line) in the console.
This is three separate processes. But there is no instructions to wait or how to tell when each process finishes. I may have entered one or two of the commands too soon. It did finally tell me to reboot.

On further research I see several issues with Amahi for use in my home.
1. I don't need or want it to replace my router
2. My ISP does not allow me to run a publicly accessible server from my home and I don't have any other choice of ISP that provides a fast
connection. My only option would be to pay for commercial access and I don't want to spend more money.
3.The least concern, I would have to add a second network card to the sever. That's minimal cost so really isn't a concern if not for 1 & 2.

So it seems other alternatives will suit my use better.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New Installation

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Each command finishes when you see the command prompt or are prompted to reboot.

Amahi doesn’t have to replace your router. You can run it without changing any network settings. Only issue is you can’t use most apps and have to access the server by IP address.

Other key point is the server can have only one network card for Amahi to work.

I presume based on your feedback that Amahi is not a good solution for you.

I will mark this thread as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2