Plex Media Server Setup

ejrocks

Plex Media Server Setup

Postby ejrocks » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:46 pm

I just installed Fedora and Amahi and have everything up and running. I am using the HDA for DHCP as recommended and I am using Greyhole to manage my storage. I downloaded and installed the Amahi Plex Media Server, but could find no instructions for what to do next. Do I need to add Plex to the share groups? Is there any special command line updates I need to make? All I could find were instructions for how to manually install Plex Media Server and they are four years old. I do not want to go that route.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Plex Media Server Setup

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Hello,

We do not provide support on how to use the applications. That is left up to the vendors.

Recommend you check out the plex-media-server App website. I am sure there is guidance there or search the internet.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

ejrocks

Postby ejrocks » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Thank you, ßîgƒσστ65. I understand it's not supported but was hoping someone would see this post and point me in the right direction. I can access the Plex portal but was really trying to understand how to configure the shares to properly store and access my content through Plex.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Understand and was just trying to manage expectations :)

The community is not as active any more, but hopefully someone will help out here.

If not, try searching the forums here for guidance. There was quite a bit about Plex Media Server and might be something that will help you with your questions.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2